DX Replacement?General

Last Updated: 2012-04-04 12:43:09
  1. mpavlansky

mpavlansky Well-Known Member

This is the type of phone I could get very interested in. Something like this would make a solid candidate to replace my DX. I'm hoping but have not idea if Verizon might eventually get to carry it.

MWC 2012: Huawei Ascend D quad Hands-On Preview

Advertisement
  2. Torisen

Torisen Active Member

It really does look like a sweet phone, hope it comes to Sprint. I would consider it a replacement for my Photon.
  3. Flumme

Flumme Well-Known Member

XL sounds like a great phone, based on specs. Really interesting features and hardware choices.

On paper by far the most tempting phone out there ATM.
  4. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

I agree. It's the first phone I've found that I am seriously considering as my upgrade from my HTC Desire. I liked the Samsung Galaxy S2 but it had the same resolution screen as my Desire - just larger pixels!

The thing is, I don't want a huge huge phone, and that seems to be the way the top end phones are going, but I do want at least a 720p resolution screen. This phone seems to have a perfect balance between usable resolution and pocketable size.
  5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

If anyone else can comment on this, but apparently the only difference between this and the XL is the battery (2500mA for XL) aqnd with it a slightly bigger body?

I'm all for a bigger battery tbh,
  6. Flumme

Flumme Well-Known Member

From the Huawei official website:

Huawei Introduces the World?s Fastest Smartphone: The Ascend D quad - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..

Bigger battery is better!
  7. rowlers

rowlers Well-Known Member

8. SUroot

Not sure on that. In the original articles it had already beaten the S4, but the new articles dont even mention that it had already been up against the S4. Only that it had beaten the Tegra 3.

I'm dubious. But even if it is true, i'm still looking at this device.
  9. rowlers

rowlers Well-Known Member

Me too. asked orange yesterday if they new when it would be available but they couldn't/wouldn't give me a date/month estimate
  10. SUroot

hahah. Yeah go figure ;)

Stupid network call centres.