DX Rooted, Now What?

Last Updated:

1. fastf350

fastf350 Member This Topic's Starter

Have OTA Froyo and rooted using xda 1 click. Worked great.

My question is:

What are the next procedures for removing bloatware? What backup program to use etc.
    and the order in which things are done. I have looked around and can't find an exact method.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. lakai113

lakai113 Well-Known Member

you have not looked hard enough.. the program you need is root explorer
    other than that i forget.. but i do know that there are many threads here to let you know

3. fastf350

I know about root explorer but my question is, what program should I use to backup first?

Koush or Titanium or what? And what is the process; ie backup then root explorer then backup again or what?

Thanks

4. lakai113

lakai113 Well-Known Member

yea im not well versed in this yet.. i just pretty much rooted and i have not done much other than they yet..

5. brandonmg99

brandonmg99 Well-Known Member

just get the paid version of tibu then you can freeze apps. if you delete the wrong thing you could brick your phone. theres a thread on here about what bloat you can and cant get rid of. root explorer is free but ive learned from rubiX that some bloat is good.

6. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

Just rooted myself. How cool is it to see those superuser messeges eh! I had a question about AutoStart, if you use TiBackup to freeze bloatware, is there any real use for AS? Are there other processes that are worth shutting down that don't have anything to do with the bloatware? I would be interested in seeing what some others have done with AutoStart and how effective they think it's been.

7. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

i suggest using root explorer, then just renaming the apps you want to have a .bak file extension. that way, they are there if you ever need them, but they wont be using up any resources other than the little bit of storage room they take up.

8. fastf350

Thanks for the help. Used TiBu. and root explorer.