1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

DX running fine, how 'bout you?

1. mfzero

mfzero Member

My phone has been running great. Currently contemplating switching to a ROM, but haven't had the time to get to it. No plans of upgrading in my foreseeable future.
  2. B360155

B360155 Well-Known Member

Nice to read that so many people actually still like their DX's. I used to participate pretty heavily in 3 different DX forums but got bored with them (especially the Moto one) when people complained about post GB issues constantly. Not much at all being posted on any of the DX forums unless you're rooted, which I'm not.

But I'm happy with the way my stock DX has run since I picked it up on release day 7/15/10. I find enough to keep me from being bored with over 130 apps and multiple launchers. I'm eligible for an upgrade in March but like many have said already, I just haven't seen anything out there yet that I just gotta have.
  3. apjans

apjans Well-Known Member

I loved my DX, but the GB update completely crippled it; random reboots every day, voice command would randomly open constantly, google's music app would start a tug of war battle every other time I turned on poweramp (which was pretty much whenever I got into my car, until I got a real mp3 player during the holidays) were the most headache inducing problems.

For a while, I was strongly considering buying a used Droid Bionic or X2 off of ebay, but I decided to root the device and remove all bloatware before I ran off throwing around money. Now my Droid X is working great again, without any of the problems I had before.

Of course, now I've got the bug and have been itching for a new phone, but I won't mind waiting 'til my contract rolls over in May, or maybe even a little longer for something a little better.
  4. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Doing fine now that I got the dropped 3G problem to stop. Still on Froyo ;)
  5. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

lol froyo, i guess some people liked froyo so much they wanted to stay on it, i can vouch that all the roms on gb make froyo seem childish
  6. android.convert

android.convert Well-Known Member

Still running like a champ here!
  7. thedrizl

thedrizl Well-Known Member

Still rocking the single-core goodness of the DX. Loved it since day 1.
  8. old.blue

old.blue Well-Known Member

Mine is running great - basically trouble free. Running stock w/ about 125 different apps. My 17-y-o daughter needs a phone though, and wants a smart phone. Looks like I will give her my DX (she loves it), and use my upgrade to get a Driod Razr MAXX. 4G is strong where I live. Had the regular Driod Razr, and HATED the battery life. Returned it within the 14 day window when I heard about the MAXX coming out. Probably going to pick it up this weekend. The X is staying in the family though!
    lennydude likes this.
  9. Satires

Satires Well-Known Member

10. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Only if you're in an LTE area. Otherwise, no difference.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  11. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

Yeah, but it's hard to justify losing hours of daily use (battery life) for the current crop of 4G phones out there. Except the RAZR Maxx. It looks promising, but I'm biding my time for an ICS phone (no front buttons). And the Nexus battery life isn't up to the DX.

Perfect screen size, quite customizable (despite bootloader lock), great battery life, extreme durability (my X looks like day one), you just can't beat the Droid X.....yet.
  12. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Well-Known Member

I would agree with Doit2it, my "X" has been the best phone I've ever had. I haven't seen its successor yet. The phone that comes closest is the MAXX. I'm waiting to see what's going to be shown at the Mobile World Congress next month. Hopefully they'll announce the new 2nd generation LTE radios, rumored to be less power hungry than the current LTE radios. I'm hoping they will show up in phones by the 2nd or 3rd qtr of this year.

Patiently/impatiently waiting...... :)
    lennydude likes this.
  13. lennydude

lennydude Well-Known Member

Totally agree.....................just read a twitt recently that Moto will be releasing a Razr that is "unlocked"..............now wouldn't that be sweet...............a Razr Maxx unlocked with an ICS update.....................my wallet is ready:D:D
  14. VoidedSaint

thats the european razr maxx hope you didnt get your hopes up too much.

unless they changed it again.. lol
  15. RVRoadTrip

RVRoadTrip Active Member

Still running rooted 2.2.1 and loving it. No real reason to upgrade until a 4G phone comes along that is a significant upgrade.
  16. UrsusVIIILXXXVII

UrsusVIIILXXXVII Well-Known Member

From the handful of articles I've read, this is yet another version of the RAZR, Developer Edition, and not just the European version. They have said that there is supposed to be an American version coming soon. The only thing I cannot understand is that Moto is not offering any warranty of any kind for this phone.

I'd be interested in this if it was like the Maxx with the bigger battery... and comes in a variety of pretty colors.
  17. lennydude

Crap.............they say there will be a US version but they also say it will be a "Developer" phone..........:(:mad::(
  18. VoidedSaint

there is a 50% chance there will be a dev phone for the us, but will it be a droid? will it be on vzw? thats all iffy, i dont trust moto after their failed pr campaign of promising a solution to the bootloader
  19. lennydude

Totally agree Saint.................. i think after reading up on things, it is just a carrot they are throwing at us to make it seem like they are on board for unlockable boot loaders.

Oh well.....................

BTW... was at my VZW store and looked at the new LG Spectrum................darn screen is absolutely amazing...............better than the GN if i can say that..........lol
  20. VoidedSaint

well moto is claiming its the carriers choice to lock the bootloaders... so they are playing a run around game, or they are telling the truth, can never trust major corporations such as these nowadays
    lennydude likes this.
  21. shethinks

shethinks New Member

So cool to find this thread. Been z4rooted original stock 2.2 2.3.15 since Oct 2010 and I'm quite happy with my Droid X still. This phone does everything I need and has always been responsive and stable.
  22. skywriter

skywriter Member

I'm still hanging with my X also. I might consider the droid 4, need more info. When I do upgrade, it will be a Motorola phone. I love them, and am staying.
  23. lennydude

wow..........never thought this thread would get so much positive support for the X :)

Great to hear so many are still using and loving the phone !
  24. VoidedSaint

the dx is without a doubt the best moto phone made, even with the encrypted bootloader, i still think it outdoes the OG Droid. my personal opinion that is
    lennydude likes this.
  25. rogueally

rogueally Well-Known Member

I have had to do factory reset once and since then its been absolutely amazing. I have an upgrade coming in April...if there is a phone that I see worth upgrading to then so be it but if not then Ill stay with my X.