• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DX running fine, how 'bout you?

Nice to read that so many people actually still like their DX's. I used to participate pretty heavily in 3 different DX forums but got bored with them (especially the Moto one) when people complained about post GB issues constantly. Not much at all being posted on any of the DX forums unless you're rooted, which I'm not.

But I'm happy with the way my stock DX has run since I picked it up on release day 7/15/10. I find enough to keep me from being bored with over 130 apps and multiple launchers. I'm eligible for an upgrade in March but like many have said already, I just haven't seen anything out there yet that I just gotta have.

Upvote 0
I loved my DX, but the GB update completely crippled it; random reboots every day, voice command would randomly open constantly, google's music app would start a tug of war battle every other time I turned on poweramp (which was pretty much whenever I got into my car, until I got a real mp3 player during the holidays) were the most headache inducing problems.

For a while, I was strongly considering buying a used Droid Bionic or X2 off of ebay, but I decided to root the device and remove all bloatware before I ran off throwing around money. Now my Droid X is working great again, without any of the problems I had before.

Of course, now I've got the bug and have been itching for a new phone, but I won't mind waiting 'til my contract rolls over in May, or maybe even a little longer for something a little better.

Upvote 0
Mine is running great - basically trouble free. Running stock w/ about 125 different apps. My 17-y-o daughter needs a phone though, and wants a smart phone. Looks like I will give her my DX (she loves it), and use my upgrade to get a Driod Razr MAXX. 4G is strong where I live. Had the regular Driod Razr, and HATED the battery life. Returned it within the 14 day window when I heard about the MAXX coming out. Probably going to pick it up this weekend. The X is staying in the family though!

Reactions: lennydude
Upvote 0
I know this place emptied out after all the Q4 phones came out. I'm still waiting to find my upgrade phone. Nothing has really grabbed me yet telling me "I'm your next phone." But I'm really in no hurry.

My DX has been running so smooth for the past few weeks. It used to get bogged down and laggy and I'd have to reboot every 6 or 7 days. I'm on day 17 since a reboot and all is well. I "think" the main issue is I upgraded from ADW to ADW EX when it was featured in the 10

Upvote 0
Depending on how you use the droid x, if internet speed is a factor, it's easy to bid farewell to the droid x. :)

Yeah, but it's hard to justify losing hours of daily use (battery life) for the current crop of 4G phones out there. Except the RAZR Maxx. It looks promising, but I'm biding my time for an ICS phone (no front buttons). And the Nexus battery life isn't up to the DX.

Perfect screen size, quite customizable (despite bootloader lock), great battery life, extreme durability (my X looks like day one), you just can't beat the Droid X.....yet.

Upvote 0
Yeah, but it's hard to justify losing hours of daily use (battery life) for the current crop of 4G phones out there. Except the RAZR Maxx. It looks promising, but I'm biding my time for an ICS phone (no front buttons). And the Nexus battery life isn't up to the DX.

Perfect screen size, quite customizable (despite bootloader lock), great battery life, extreme durability (my X looks like day one), you just can't beat the Droid X.....yet.

I would agree with Doit2it, my "X" has been the best phone I've ever had. I haven't seen its successor yet. The phone that comes closest is the MAXX. I'm waiting to see what's going to be shown at the Mobile World Congress next month. Hopefully they'll announce the new 2nd generation LTE radios, rumored to be less power hungry than the current LTE radios. I'm hoping they will show up in phones by the 2nd or 3rd qtr of this year.

Patiently/impatiently waiting...... :)

Reactions: lennydude
Upvote 0
I would agree with Doit2it, my "X" has been the best phone I've ever had. I haven't seen its successor yet. The phone that comes closest is the MAXX. I'm waiting to see what's going to be shown at the Mobile World Congress next month. Hopefully they'll announce the new 2nd generation LTE radios, rumored to be less power hungry than the current LTE radios. I'm hoping they will show up in phones by the 2nd or 3rd qtr of this year.

Patiently/impatiently waiting...... :)

Totally agree.....................just read a twitt recently that Moto will be releasing a Razr that is "unlocked"..............now wouldn't that be sweet...............a Razr Maxx unlocked with an ICS update.....................my wallet is ready:D:D

Upvote 0
Totally agree.....................just read a twitt recently that Moto will be releasing a Razr that is "unlocked"..............now wouldn't that be sweet...............a Razr Maxx unlocked with an ICS update.....................my wallet is ready:D:D

thats the european razr maxx hope you didnt get your hopes up too much.

unless they changed it again.. lol

Upvote 0
thats the european razr maxx hope you didnt get your hopes up too much.

unless they changed it again.. lol

From the handful of articles I've read, this is yet another version of the RAZR, Developer Edition, and not just the European version. They have said that there is supposed to be an American version coming soon. The only thing I cannot understand is that Moto is not offering any warranty of any kind for this phone.

I'd be interested in this if it was like the Maxx with the bigger battery... and comes in a variety of pretty colors.

Upvote 0
From the handful of articles I've read, this is yet another version of the RAZR, Developer Edition, and not just the European version. They have said that there is supposed to be an American version coming soon. The only thing I cannot understand is that Moto is not offering any warranty of any kind for this phone.

I'd be interested in this if it was like the Maxx with the bigger battery... and comes in a variety of pretty colors.

Crap.............they say there will be a US version but they also say it will be a "Developer" phone..........:(:mad::(

there is a 50% chance there will be a dev phone for the us, but will it be a droid? will it be on vzw? thats all iffy, i dont trust moto after their failed pr campaign of promising a solution to the bootloader

Upvote 0
Totally agree Saint.................. i think after reading up on things, it is just a carrot they are throwing at us to make it seem like they are on board for unlockable boot loaders.

Oh well.....................

BTW... was at my VZW store and looked at the new LG Spectrum................darn screen is absolutely amazing...............better than the GN if i can say that..........lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones