• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DX uses same charger as LG Dare

drex5483

Lurker
Sep 9, 2010
I was about to buy a new car charger for my Droid X but just happened to try my old LG Dare charger and was pleasantly surprised that it worked! Now I have a backup charger in my house and a car charger. I'm sure I'm not the only one who upgraded from a Dare so I figured I'd pass this along before people buy unnecessary chargers for their new Droid X.

Not sure about the specs but from similar posts regarding the Incredible, which uses the same charger as well, it might draw less amperage and therefore will charge more slowly, FWIW.

Reactions: queenrocks77
Damn, I just upgraded my Dare to an X tonight, 2 hours ago! Of course I got an extra travel charger, and car charger, now I'm going to have two of everything. I guess I should never be without a charger now seeing as I'm going to have SIX of them. :eek:

Quick question. What is the output voltage and current for the X's home charger? My Dare's home charger output is rated at 5.1 volts and 0.7 amps.

Upvote 0
LG Dare charger is printed with a 700mA rating and DX charger is rated at 850mA (not printed on the charger itself). The LG Dare chargers may heat up a bit more, but I drove from San Francisco to San Diego and back using my Dare's car charger the whole way and had no problems. I was streaming Last.fm internet radio and using Google Maps GPS Navigation the entire time and the phone stayed fully charged throughout, meaning the charging rate was faster than the usage rate (really meaning that you won't notice a thing when using your old chargers).

Reactions: killerb
Upvote 0
Well, imagine that, a European Standard making it to the states! Now if only get millimeters, centimeters and kilometers here too!

On a side note, make sure we are being careful with sarcasm, it's very difficult to detect on online forums as a lot of the normal emotions just aren't there. :)

OP - Good find! Thanks for sharing, I know that I personally appreciate the information!!! :) :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones