phone fell into a bucket of water. had a rag in it so it didnt immediately sink to the bottom though it was submerged for about 1 second. got the phone out, tried to shut down. touch screen wasnt responding due to being wet. ripped the case off and did a battery pull just as the screen started to flicker. tried to get all the water out and about half an hour later put it back in. phone worked for 30 seconds. main buttons stopped responding so i did another battery pull. this time it didnt start working again. turned on and went to the android and a warning sign. pulled battery to turn off. reinstall and try to charge. same sign pops up. leave battery out over night and let phone air out. reinstall this morning. 3 hours later.....still working normally. sound is fine. all buttons work, screen normal. the only thing that saved me i think was the verizon silicone case and the fact that it was in for such a short time. the water sensor doesnt even show any evidence of being wet. compared it to another X and it looks identical.