DX Won't Let Me Move SU File?

Last Updated:

1. antnyh

antnyh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I finally DL'ed the root explorer app just so I could move the su file and update to 2.2. Well after I longpressed the su file and selected move, I went back to /system/xbin to paste it. I selected paste and it told me that I "Cannot paste here because the file system is read only." What? Is no one else having this issue?? Please advise and thanks.

Advertisement
  2. antnyh

antnyh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nevermind...I found the mount as R/O and mount R/W buttons. Got it moved now. About to update. Sweating a little bit since I really like my DX and don't want to screw it up.

3. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

you must check r/w up at the top (to mount it)

edit: ya beat me to it. i do little stuff like that all the time, and i'm always like, "WTF?!"..."oh, yeah..."

4. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

I had to flash the sbf 6 times before I got everything right

5. emr25

emr25 Well-Known Member

Six? That's impressive, I had to do it again today for the second time and that process is a huge pain ha. Glad to have Bootstrap and ROM Manager now to create a backup incase something goes wrong. Definitely wouldn't want to spend a few hours flashing the .sbf, re-rooting, re-updating to 2.2, and re-installing all of my apps again. It was a big enough pain to do twice.

6. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

yesterday was a crazy day, my root kept disappearing, I forgot to transfer the su file and people kept asking me for the sbf:D

7. sund0wn

i finally got mine right yesterday (after almost pulling my hair out, and figuring out that i needed to shorten the sbf name before RSD would work)

well, today i went over to a friends to put 2.2 on his x. what do i do?? i stick my memory card in his phone, boot to recovery, apply update, and immediately realize i forgot to move su!
    so, flash his phone with the sbf, and what happens?? bootloop! why? forgot to wipe data.

i think that pretty much sums up every problem i've seen here in the past 24 hours. i've answered those questions what feels like a million times, and i make all the mistakes myself over again. (makes me feel stupid :p)

8. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

yep once you mess up though you gotta start over...sucks:D

9. sund0wn

yup. what sucked most is that it wasnt even my phone. i had him looking over my shoulder the ENTIRE time, freaking out. it took some convincing that i actually knew what i was doing, and that i actually knew how to fix it.

10. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

I always try to get family members with android phones to let me do "cool" stuff to it...they always say no:)

11. bigworm410

bigworm410 Active Member

Anyone know where I can get my hands on the sbf? I need it and it seems like alot of sites have been yanking it down

12. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

sent