dxTop: Home Alternative

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by dajobo, Mar 3, 2009.

1. dajobo

dajobo Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Anyone download it? I love this app. It gives you 4 home screens; left right down up - more affective than the original 3 in my opinion. Plus, there are widgets coming out on dxTop (I downloaded the memory widget already). Its worth the purchase ($3.99 I think...), and if you don't like it you can delete/refund it. However, this is my personal favorite app and I think you'll like it!! Opinions???

Advertisement
  2. devolio

devolio Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Developer
    Michigan
    I've played around with it a bit (the demo) and it's pretty cool. I've got a few qualms about it though:

1) Having 4 home screens acts kind of odd sometimes - doesn't always go the direction you think it will.

2) I've heard (trying to find a link, I'll edit when I can) there's a major security issue with how the widgets work, so I'm going to wait on it.

3. crater

crater Active Member

Nov 10, 2008
    I just bought it and I LOVE IT. Mostly for the 2nd tab which shows running apps and all that. VERY cool.

4. Raidersram

Raidersram Active Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I too had problems getting to screen i wanted to. I dont like having 1 tab let alone 2. Thank god for the themes at xda now i dont even have one showing

5. walkerx

walkerx Active Member

Dec 14, 2008
    just tried the demo, and thought nowhere near as good as ahome

6. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member
    VIP Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    same for me aHome (free) is the ticket ... and liking the themes ... my current fav is "Star"

7. dajobo

dajobo Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    dxtop now has theme support, and there's two themes in the market already....

Great application.

8. Mykl26

Mykl26 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    The bar / tab is neat and I like the icons n themes but the wallpapers don't cover my desktops! Plus none of my widgets r working I think ill try open home b/c ahome states its not for the droid! All I want is 4 or more panels and a few cool icon packs!