1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

dxTop: Home Alternative

Last Updated:

1. dajobo

dajobo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone download it? I love this app. It gives you 4 home screens; left right down up - more affective than the original 3 in my opinion. Plus, there are widgets coming out on dxTop (I downloaded the memory widget already). Its worth the purchase ($3.99 I think...), and if you don't like it you can delete/refund it. However, this is my personal favorite app and I think you'll like it!! Opinions???

Advertisement
  2. devolio

devolio Well-Known Member

I've played around with it a bit (the demo) and it's pretty cool. I've got a few qualms about it though:

1) Having 4 home screens acts kind of odd sometimes - doesn't always go the direction you think it will.

2) I've heard (trying to find a link, I'll edit when I can) there's a major security issue with how the widgets work, so I'm going to wait on it.

3. crater

crater Active Member

I just bought it and I LOVE IT. Mostly for the 2nd tab which shows running apps and all that. VERY cool.

4. Raidersram

Raidersram Active Member

I too had problems getting to screen i wanted to. I dont like having 1 tab let alone 2. Thank god for the themes at xda now i dont even have one showing

5. walkerx

walkerx Active Member

just tried the demo, and thought nowhere near as good as ahome

6. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

same for me aHome (free) is the ticket ... and liking the themes ... my current fav is "Star"

7. dajobo

dajobo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

dxtop now has theme support, and there's two themes in the market already....

Great application.

8. Mykl26

Mykl26 New Member

The bar / tab is neat and I like the icons n themes but the wallpapers don't cover my desktops! Plus none of my widgets r working I think ill try open home b/c ahome states its not for the droid! All I want is 4 or more panels and a few cool icon packs!