• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)

DHS1

Lurker
Dec 8, 2011
Hello all,

My Samsung Moment will only boot into recovery mode. I've tried every single option in there available and none of them get me past it. It says:

"E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0) (No such file or directory) Can't mount /sdcard"

I've tried odin and following this thread: http://samsungmomentforum.com/samsung-moment/37419-how-update-moment-instructions.html but it gets stuck at "<1> check download environment."

I found another thread about the HTC Desire having this exact same problem, and they said to:
-----------
HOW TO MOUNT SD-CARD
[STEP1]- Firstly, you will need Android-SDK (If you don't already have it)
[STEP2]- Boot into fastboot mode (Poweroff, hold BACK & POWER)
[STEP3]- Open command prompt (cmd) and type the following command

cd\ C:\android-sdk-windows\tools
fastboot oem enableqxdm 0
fastboot oem eraseconfig
-----------

But I could never get past the first command (it said waiting for the device to go into fastboot) and I then found out only HTC phones can fastboot, not samsung.

Does anyone know what I can do to basically reset my phone to factory settings? It does not work in recovery mode. I'm hoping someone knows how I can fix it from the windows command line or anything. My windows does recognize its plugged in ("adb devices" command in the command line shows it's plugged in)

Thanks for any help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones