E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (File exists)

Last Updated:

1. los79

los79 New Member This Topic's Starter

Using ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.1

I was able to install CyanogenMod-5.0.8 but now it is stuck on the animation screen. When I boot using ClockworkMod it Shows this message:

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
    (File exists)
    E:Can't mount CACHE:recovery/command

I tried to undo the rooting with the PB31IMG.zip but it will not let me load it.

help please!

Advertisement
  2. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

I had this problem 2 weeks ago. I had to un-root, then re-root to fix everything.

You will need to find a way to load that zip file onto your SD card, through your computer or whatever.

I will try to help along the way if it is within my grasps.

Good luck.

3. heffe2001

heffe2001 Well-Known Member

I had this EXACT same problem after loading 2.5.0.1 and making some changes on my phone. I was able to unroot my phone (using the PB31IMG.zip, just make sure your card is formatted in fat32), and I tried EVERYTHING to get it working, but in the end it ended up bricking hard (doesn't turn on, doesn't charge a battery when installed, etc, it's TOAST). I have a new phone coming Tuesday.

When I reported the problem over at xda, I was basically told there were 11 pages of people saying thanks before me, so there couldn't be a problem with clockworkmod 2.5.0.1, but now I'm not so sure..

4. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

No, it's definitely not caused by clockwokmod. I had the problem before I updated it to 2.5.0.1

5. los79

los79 New Member This Topic's Starter

I'll keep trying...

6. heffe2001

heffe2001 Well-Known Member

I tried what you did on mine before it completely bricked, and it didn't fix it. It's possible we had the same problem, caused by different things. There's a post over at xda of the same problem, after using unrevoked3. So far that's the common thread, although I just used it to load 2.5.0.1 on my phone (from the 2.0.2.4 I believe). I guess it's possible we all got bad nand chips, but I would think that unlikely..

There's something we're missing here, maybe a app we've all loaded, something in how we rooted, etc.

7. chris98891

chris98891 Active Member

Up up up! I need some help on this! I'm trying to load past backups, i've tried formatting, etc.

i can mount the system through CWM, but my computer can't find it. should i try pb31img.zip?

i'm running unrevoked s-off. CWM 2.5.1.2

i reallllyyy don't want to brick this thing but i'm running out of ideas...

8. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

What are you trying to do? What do you mean by load past backups? If you just need a bootable phone back, just try loading another rom.

Or can try the solution here:
    http://adrynalyne.us/?p=90#comments

9. chris98891

chris98891 Active Member

just trying to boot to anything. it just sticks at the opening splash screen. I can access recovery fine. i've tried installing multiple roms and many backups, to no avail.

EDIT: and i'm having trouble in the shell (its been awhile since i've done this) and it says device not found, i'm looking for working htc incredible 64bit drivers right now

DOUBLE EDIT: restarted the phone for the umpteeth time...and no error. i'm currently restoring a nandroid backup...will keep everybody posted