• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

E-Mail and Facebook not updating notifications

ComradeNF

Mar 21, 2011
Hey guys. Just bought an Android phone and my E-mail and Facebook are not updating, even though notifications are turned on. Doesn't matter if I am on Wi-Fi or 3G, I still cannot get them to receive new messages. I have to do it manually.

I want it to be like my old iPhone where it updates every 15-30 minutes by itself. Why isn't it?

click options button and touch settings, go to data manager. from there touch "data delivery".. "control how and when your device synchronizes data." then check the boxes you'd like to enable.

also make sure on your power widget that syncing is enabled. that's the 4th button on the widget, inbetween GPS and screen brightness.

Upvote 0
Hey guys. Just bought an Android phone and my E-mail and Facebook are not updating, even though notifications are turned on. Doesn't matter if I am on Wi-Fi or 3G, I still cannot get them to receive new messages. I have to do it manually.
If you're not receiving the messages then the notifications aren't the issue. Receipt of the messages is the issue. You can't be notified of messages that you don't have.

Did you change any of the background data or sync options? Are you using an auto task killer or battery saving app?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones