1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

E-mail Chase for a Banking App!!! (like iPhone)

Last Updated:

1. MrDonBonJovi

MrDonBonJovi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys if you go here, you can fill out a form to send an e-mail to Chase and request they make an Android application like their iPhone one. I did and they are going to forward that to the request department. I also found out they are making a BlackBerry application... Who uses BlackBerries still? Android is where its at. I have a feeling if enough people request it we might get it done!

Here is what I got in reply:

Advertisement
  2. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Try looking at market share next time rather than gut feeling. RIM still retains a large chunk.

3. Wiskid

Wiskid Well-Known Member

I think he was joking, implying that Android is so much better than BB...

4. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

I have a feeling there is some behind the doors hand shakes between Chase Bank NA and Apple for this app. My guess is a 6mos exclusive to advertise it so heavily and they may tell you stuff is in the works but I'm not holding my breath. No way would Apple put this much into marketing that app only to have anyone with an Android or BB based phone able to download it the next day. Just saying....

5. pavirotten

pavirotten Well-Known Member

Chase Bank isn't the only financial institution with an app for the iPhone, and not the Android or BB. I used to bank with Huntington. Huntington heavily marketed their iPhone app, but never mentioned any other apps.

When I inquired about an Android app, I was told it would be released after January 1, 2010. When it wasn't released by March, I called again. I was told they are still working on it. As far I know, they are still "working on it."

I have now switched over to a local bank far smaller than anything else I have ever used and am 99% sure I will not see an Android app in the foreseeable future.

6. LCinLA

LCinLA New Member

Funny -- I just finished sending an email to chase asking if they had an android app so I could deposit checks just like you can do with that other phone. Then I found this thread! C'mon folks -- instead of just bitchin' about the competition, let's steamroller them with smiley faces:p;):D

7. jree

jree Well-Known Member

That was my favorite app for my iPhone. I used to just transfer money on the fly. Sending my email request now

8. Roadblock

Roadblock Well-Known Member

Chase customer checking in!

I just emailed them too. I have Chase and want there iPhone app for my Android. Would be nice if they would port it or make something for us.

I feel left out. :(

9. Blown 89

Blown 89 Member

Done and done. I'm new to Android (coming from the iPhone) and it amazes me how many companies haven't developed Android apps. Hopefully the surge in Android sales changes that!

10. spaun

spaun New Member

According to my brother in law who is a recent Android convert from winmo and who happens to be a Chase personal banker the Chase native android app is coming by the end of the month... this month, august 2010!!!! hopefully he is right! I am actually a webos user but my wife has the new Evo and I am in love with it. I would have one but I used my upgrade for her phone so i stuck with my pre for another year.

11. jamesmckeephx

jamesmckeephx Well-Known Member

i hope it comes soon iam sick of using the browser to check my accounts and transfers :(

12. neelmehta

neelmehta Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for the Chase app more than anything else too....and was what made me create the last post here about the lack of Android apps vs. iPhone. Let's hope it comes out soon...

13. rhart00

rhart00 Member

There is one already out. It's called "Mint"

14. aburgthing

aburgthing Well-Known Member

Don't know what the iPhone app looks like cause I never owned an iPhone, but Android Banking (pd. app in the Market) works like a charm for me. Allows transfer of funds, balances, pay bills from all accounts etc. Supports PNC, Huntington, Chase, BB&T, American Express and Fifth Third.

15. sparker366

sparker366 Well-Known Member

This app supports chase and is real nice. Can find it on appbrain search for banking or on the market. I use it for Wachovia and it gives me everything I need. Transfer funds check balances pay bills

16. MJM128

MJM128 Well-Known Member

Just sent an email, lets hope something happens from the vast army of little green android users.

17. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

Sorry but I refuse to use ANY third party app for banking, Paypal, mortgages or anything similar. I will ONLY use an app that is created by that institution that has their name as the developer. I just don't trust anyone else especially after that Bank of America app debacle of last year. I'll just use the web interface until the institution decides to release something directly.

Kamen, IOWA and ari-free like this.
  18. ari-free

ari-free Well-Known Member

If you tell them that you'll take your money out and switch to another bank that supports android...maybe then they'll listen.

19. MJM128

MJM128 Well-Known Member

Just got a reply back, sounds like its good news but no exact date confirmation.

Code (Text):
    1. Dear [name removed],
    3. Thank you for contacting Chase.
    5. We appreciate your interest in Android OS to cater your
    6. banking needs. Chase understands that banking industry
    7. changes and we recognize technological turning point for
    8. Android Market.
    10. By fall, a similar application for Android users will be
    11. out for customer. Although, release date is unknown; we
    12. will inform our customer as soon as we have it available.
    14. I hope that this information is helpful for you. Chase
    15. strives to provide excellent service to all of our
    16. customers.  It has been my pleasure to be of service to
    17. you.
    19. If you have any questions or require further assistance,
    20. please e-mail us via the Secure Message Center or contact
    21. our Internet Service Center at 1-877-242-7372.
    23. Thank you,
    26. [name removed]
    27. Internet Service Center

20. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

I've been amazed at how slow companies have been to make Android apps. Android is almost certainly going to become the dominant mobile OS in the very near future, along with being used in a myriad of other devices, yet many still seem oblivious to Android's existence. Oh well, if I were a Chase customer I'd just vote with my money and go to a bank who has an Android app, like BoA.

21. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member

yeah, when i heard about this take pics with your phone to deposit checks, i was bummed to find out it was only for the iphone. i'm also puzzled why it's taking a lot of companies to release an android app, it's been out for almost three years.

22. Shad0wguy

Shad0wguy New Member

I'm waiting for this app as well. I don't bank with Chase, but when they release this app I will be switching. My bank isn't even in the mobilebanking app, nor do they have a mobile site.

The only reason I can see it taking longer to create an Android app is because they have to code for the wide variety of devices with different hardware that run android, whereas the iphone is one device with one hardware configuration.

23. inphoenix

inphoenix Well-Known Member

email sent.

24. neelmehta

neelmehta Well-Known Member

This is my beef too...especially the big companies..everyday I hear something new coming out for the iPhone. They act like it is the only thing out there!!

25. ookees

ookees Member

I emailed chase today. I got this response back.

In the effort to provide better service to our existing customers, Chase's product and service development team is currently working on a similar application of our iPhone QuickDeposit for Android phones. This application may be available for you in fall. If you have any questions or require furthe