1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

E-mail from ISP to Motorola Droid

Last Updated:

1. Feendog

Feendog New Member This Topic's Starter

Good evening. Newbie here. Question. I have cox as an ISP. I currently use Outlook on my desktop to send/receive email. I have a new Droid and a new gmail account. If I want to be able to send/receive/reply to @cox.com messages from my Droid, how do I accomplish this? Is gmail the best way to go? Do I forward from my ISP? Do I create a rule in Outlook to forard to gmail? Do I setup in gmail? Any help would be greatly appreciated and instructions. Also, will copies be in both Outlook and in gmail? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Feendog

Feendog New Member This Topic's Starter

I think I may have found it. I used the fetcher. Is this correct? Thoughts? Thanks.

3. jeancallahan@cox.net

jeancallahan@cox.net New Member

any responses to your orginal message?

4. Tony673

Tony673 New Member

very easy to do .. setup pop acct for cox email all you need to do is use your email address. xxxx@cox.net the user id is the part before @cox.net set incoming port at pop.east.cox.net or pop.central.cox.net or pop.west.cox.net depending on what part of US you are in. set incoming port to 995 and SSL encryption. outgoing port is smtp.east.cox.net or smtp.central.cox.net or smtp.west.cox.net same rule as incoming base it on part of US you are from. set the outgoing port to use SSL encryption and port 465 this will allow you to use cox email on your phone. you can also double check all this info at support.cox.net