• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

John Starke

Oct 5, 2011
Every time I log in to my E-mail accounts there are 25 messages. I delete them and the next time I log on there are the same 25. Sometimes there are some new messages, but it downloads a total of 25 every time I log on. This happens on both of my accounts. Very time consuming to delete each message over and over.

It sounds like you have your account set up to use POP3 protocol. If that is true, and you don't want to see the email messages on another computer also, then you can set the option to remove messages from the server upon deletion. The option is set in email settings for the given account under Incoming settings. Just realize though that if you choose the option to delete messages from the server, you will not be able to access any of those messages from any other computer or web interface after deleting.

By design, the Android email client will always download the 25 most recent messages that are available on the email server.

Upvote 0
It used to be that you specified how many days it showed emails for, which is still available for exchange mailboxes.

Is there anyway to have this setting for POP3 mailboxes?

I have my desktop at home set to download all email and delete it from the server a week later, so I can still access the most recent things from the phone. However, with it showing, for example, 25 items, if I delete any, it then adds the same number of old emails at the bottom of the list, marked as unread.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones