E-mail issue--help!Support

1. Oglethorp

Oglethorp New Member

Frustrating issue i have: When receiving e-mail I may or may not get a sound and LED notification, it seams purely random. On e-mail that i DO get a notification they are shown as "Unread" and the e-mail in which i dont get a notification are already "marked as read" in mt e-mail folder. Cant make heads or tails of why this happens to some and not the others???...I have to enter into my e-mail app and visually see if i have received e-mail and then sort through the "unread" ones because some of them may be new!

any help would be great!!

Advertisement
  2. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

is this gmail or "email"? Is it Exchange or just another 3rd party email service? If its email access like pop3 and you have another computer that is open somewhere else it may be 'reading' the email before your GN is pulling it in. For example, if you have a desktop PC running Outlook polling your email account every 30 minutes, it may be getting the new messages before your GN polls the server... and by the time the GN hits the server those new messages have already been accessed by the desktop client and now the GN sees them as read. Similar things could be happening with an exchange based service as well. Could also be a tablet or laptop that has your email open without you knowing it.

Also, its possible that your wife or the government or maybe even the Chinese, are spying on you.