E-mail issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. mobily

mobily Active Member This Topic's Starter

Morning all,

I have owned the Desire for just over a week and have encountered an issue with the e-mail app that I am struggling to resolve.

I have 2 e-mail addresses held with blueyonder/virgin and therefore I have setup 2 accounts on the Desire. However when I receive an e-mail to one of the addresses it will arrive in both accounts on the Desire!

I would have thought that if an e-mail was sent to a specific address that the account I have setup with that address would receive that e-mail not both accounts.

Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening? :D

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I haven't got the HTC mail app but on the android one, in accounts there is a setting to combine inboxes. sounds like you have a setting like this set.

3. mobily

Thanks for your quick reply!

I've had a look and can't see any combine inbox option or anything like that.

It's a confusing one.

Could it be that on my laptop at home I have the two addresses setup under the same profile?

4. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member

Won't be anything to do with your laptop. Are you sure you haven't accidentially pointed both at the same Virgin account?

5. mobily

I have just checked and they are both pointing at different addresses... I can't seem to sort it out at all.

In addition e-mails seem to be randomly disappearing and I can't seem to add personal folders!

6. jschotta

jschotta New Member

I have an HTC Desire and my office uses MS Exchange Server. My e-mail doesn't push to the phone automatically. I have to touch the mail icon on the screen then it will download my mail with Exchange ActiveSync.
    Can anyone help me so it will push to the phone and notify me that I have new mail please?
    The Peak Time settings are set for 8am start to 8pm end 7 days a week. Everything is set to "As Items Arrive".
    I can't figure out what I am missing.

Thanks