E-mail Photos - Only Attached?Support

Last Updated:

1. JonnyCerv

JonnyCerv Member This Topic's Starter

Do you think it will come a time when we can view e-mail pictures that are embedded in the e-mail? Hate when I get a forward and can't view the pictures. Am I missing something? It seems only when people officially attach the file is when I can see it. Other than that..I get the blue box with a "?" in the middle.

Any fixes? Possible Update Fix in the future?

Advertisement
  2. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

No fixes that I'm aware of. As you note, embedded images won't show, but attached or html linked images will.

Anything is possible in the future...fingers crossed. It's one of the "WTF?!" missing links in the Droid's capabilities, like BT voice dialing, inability to add any attachments other than pictures, etc. I wish Google would fix that instead of dorking around w/animated wallpaper and new app tray animations. <banging head on wall>

3. BottledHate

BottledHate Well-Known Member

Very annoying... As a work around I set a bookmark in my browser to gmail, which allows you to view and download attachments that you can't with the built in gmail app.

4. durandetto

durandetto Well-Known Member

I can view full html email in the mail app for my pop3, but not for gmail. Seems kind of dumb considering this is a Google phone, you would think the gmail app would be better.