E Mail Settings Changing On Their OwnSupport

Last Updated:

1. Ironbutt1345

Ironbutt1345 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all, please excuse if this has been addressed, but I couldn't find it. I've had the Sprint EVO for about a week now and love it, except for the fact that the email settings keep changing. I go in and change the notification settings to Notification Sound "On", and then, sometimes, a few hours later, when I notice that I haven't heard any emails come in, I'll check the settings and see that Notification Sound is now "Off." Same thing with download frequency and delete email on server. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance, great forum!

Advertisement
  2. FestoKGB

FestoKGB Well-Known Member

Maybe you are changing the notification in the main settings but not in the Mail app itself, or vice versa. I've had troubles before with settings within an app overriding settings in UI.

I can't recreate this problem because I use Gmail but I figured I would give you some response since I see you're not gettting much. :)

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Hrmmmm...for the heck of it mail.menu.more.settings.notifications first box should be checked for sure....set up how you wish

4. Ironbutt1345

Ironbutt1345 Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you for your suggestions, things seem to have stabilized for now.

5. mlw911

mlw911 Active Member

Wanted to bump this as I have the same problem going on since I bought the phone in June. About 1-2x's a month my delete and download frequency settings change. Really annoying, especially the delete on server setting as I lost 4 days of emails on my work computer while traveling. Huge PIA. Anyone have any ideas? I keep going thru the email accounts to set settings.

6. kmsMissouri

kmsMissouri New Member

This is happening to me as well. I've had my Evo for almost a month. I set up the email settings and they worked fine for several weeks. However, in the past three days, the settings have reset at least three times. The tipoff is that I set "ask before deleting" set to OFF, but when I delete an email, I get the confirmation. When I check settings, they are all reset (including delete mail on server, which I need to have set to OFF). There is definitely something going on in the background!