E-Mail Solution

Last Updated:

1. Strych9

Strych9 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, Looking for a some sort of workaround or solution to get my outlook emails from work on my phone. The problem lies in my works setup which is running SBS 2003, the email protocol is POP3 and Outlook 2003. Tried to get the server to forward mail to an external address like my Gmail account and by using forwarding rules but to no avail. Also attempted to get the Exhange ActiveSync to work with the server but no luck (Don't think it is compatable with SBS 2003). If anybody has any suggestions, would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Why not simply use the same pop settings as your pc?
    Could be forwarding has been blocked by your it dept like ours does

3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Your work will probably have disabled external email access. Have you dicussed this with your IT department?

Assuming you are using Active Directory with exchange SBS, you could create an Active Directory user with an external SMTP address (a gmail for example), then you could set up your mail to forward to the active directory user.

Hope this helps or points you in the right direction.

4. Strych9

Strych9 New Member This Topic's Starter

Think I tried the POP3 method and what it did was instead of the server at work download the emails and forward them to my profile, was that the emails came straight to my phone and skipped the server altogether. Don't think we are using ADU as I had found something on adding an external contact via ADU and then use this to forward emails on. As far as I can see, we are just using the bog standard POP3 connector in SBS. FYI we don't have an IT dept lol, only a small company. Thanks for the replies anyway

5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Are you using exchange for the POP3?

If so, create a new exchange mailbox with the external SMTP address

Create a whole new email address. If only 1 email client can use the POP3 settings at once, use the new mailbox on your phone with its POP3 settings, and forward your mail to it.

Can only give you vague idea's without knowing your set up.