E-Mail Will Not Connect to ServerGeneral


  1. Nelson66

    Nelson66 New Member

    My e-mail has been locked in to the same place in time on my Commando for 24 hours now. It shows an error message at top stating "Unable to open connection to server." What could cause this and how is it fixed?

    Advertisement
  2. cbreze

    cbreze Well-Known Member

    Was it working before or has it never worked? Recheck your settings, I found my sync setting had changed to off when I installed a diff theme. We're talking Gmail here right?
    Any apps that could be suspect? Did you do anything at all right before this happened , like load something new. You could try setting up your email again. if all else fails a hard reset may work. Tried a battery pull yet? Do you have a data connection? Just throwing stuff out to you, perhaps you've tried already tho.
  3. Nelson66

    Nelson66 New Member

    I'm using an e-mail app link to msn.com. I also have in my apps a g-mail account that Verizon makes you sign up for when you get the phone, and that's working okay (but I don't use that). The other functions on the phone are working fine, browser, Google Maps, text messages, etc.
  4. BLACKTOOTHGRIN

    BLACKTOOTHGRIN Well-Known Member

    Try what Cbreze suggested, and if the problem persists, you may have to consider changing email apps. I used K-9 Mail at one point very early on, and that seemed to handle things okay.
  5. paxchristos

    paxchristos Well-Known Member

    Try clearing the app data in settings -> applications -> manage apps
  6. dumbputer

    dumbputer New Member

    I had the same problem with my phone a couple of days ago. I found that an email that was sent from Kawasaki seemed to be formatted weird for the phone to read and ever since then, that particular email address has been acting strange when using the default email program on Android. The strange thing is that after deleting the account from my phone and reactivating it, my phone automatically downloaded selective emails (up to a certain date) when it wanted to but never let me manually refresh it (which gave the connection error).
    What tipped me off was that the emails that my phone happened to download only continued after the date of the original Kawasaki email that was sent which was now invisible. Because of this, I used my PC to delete the Kawasaki email and ever since that email deletion, my phone now connects correctly. It's bizarre but I think that the phone just got confused with some of the email formatting which snowballed into connection failure...

Share This Page