• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
the only mail i have sync to my evo is my g-mail. every time i get a e-mail i get 2 icons. i know how to turn the all white one off but if i check the clear one through my notification on top it still shows i have mail on the desktop icon. how do i set it up were only one will be active. if i delete one gmail through the icon i can't check it there.

i did a quick search and couldn't find what i needed sorry if its been discussed before. any sorry if i'm not clear on what i'm trying to do.

the only mail i have sync to my evo is my g-mail. every time i get a e-mail i get 2 icons. i know how to turn the all white one off but if i check the clear one through my notification on top it still shows i have mail on the desktop icon. how do i set it up were only one will be active. if i delete one gmail through the icon i can't check it there.

i did a quick search and couldn't find what i needed sorry if its been discussed before. any sorry if i'm not clear on what i'm trying to do.

Yes I cannot tell what it is you are asking? Are you using both the Gmail App and The Mail app to get your Gmail? Just remove your account from the Mail App and use the Gmail App.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones