E-mails and pdf'sSupport

Last Updated:

1. tholden712

tholden712 New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got a Samsung Mesmerize phone. I have a work e-mail that I use on the phone. To use it I use the email app on the main screen. I want to open pdf attachments with out saving them first. I have install the adobe reader app. Still no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

there are plenty of pdf reader apps in the market. And no, you cannot open a pdf without a pdf reader.

3. tholden712

tholden712 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have installed a pdf reader " Adobe Reader". I still can not open PDF's in my e-mail. I have to save them first. Then open abode reader to read the pdf. I do not have a open option in my e-mail. Is their something I need to turn on, or do I need a different app?

4. Packer Fan

Packer Fan New Member

I am having the same problem ....I cannot open any email attachments....even after I downloaded Adobe Reader from the Market Place. Get error that says sd card needed. They put a new sd card in, still doesn't work. I am beginning to not like this phone for this reason.I

5. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

What email app are you using to do this? I'm thinking it may not be adobe reader, but the email app.

I use the Gmail app or the K9 app, I never use the stock email app.

Both Gmail and K9 allow me to open a .pdf using reader. The first time you open one, you'll be prompted to choose either adobe reader or thinkfree office. You can select adobe and then check off "use as default for this action" for future emails.

The stock email app sucks. K9 is much better.

6. Packer Fan

Packer Fan New Member

I am using gmail but still can't open attachments and I do have Adobe Reader. Cannot open Word docs, html or Pdf's. Have wasted 1 month and visited techs numerous times at US Cell. they don't even know.

7. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

I would simply ask them to swap out the phone, then. I haven't had issues with any of those problems, and did not have to do anything special to make it work.

I am not saying that my experience proves it is the phone's problem. I am just saying it should work the way you are wanting it to work.