• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help e-mails disappear

BR5479

Lurker
Sep 12, 2014
SC
I've tried finding my problem but seem to be unable so here's another e-mail problem thread :-(

I'm not dependent on my Note2 for email so it has never been a big issue, however I had to talk to godaddy the other day and thought I would ask about my disappearing e-mail. But that is a different story ...

I have a number of accounts, one through AT&T and the rest with GoDaddy. I will get new email and it will show the icon in the taskbar at the very top; it may show in my email (outlook) app, if it does, I can open it and read it. If it does not, I can drag down the taskbar screen and see the email and read the preview (if only one), but most times when I try to open it, it is just gone! Not in a junk file or anything, it's gone. I can go to my laptop and open it though
I don't have any filters set up on my phone, I have tried the GoDaddy email app with the same result. Any suggestions?

As far as the other story ... GoDaddy tells me this is the result of using outdated tech (pop3) with new phones and it creates a incompatibility problem! Their solution would be for me to switch to office 365 at a cost of $800/year for all my e-mail accounts, plus the cost of 365 of course.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones