e- readerSupport

1. Brian566

Brian566 Well-Known Member

Hi just bought the Galaxy tab 2 10.1

I have some dowloaded e books in Mobi format but can not see were to put them in the galaxy tab to read with Reader hub book reader

When you look at the Galaxy on linked to the pc or usung the file manger
    you can only see
    Root /
    SD card i assume this is the memory ?
    ExtSD card which is the SD card

But I can not see any other folders
    I have created a folder and called it books with all my e books in both on the sd card and ext sd card
    But when i ask book reader to import books it says none found

were am i going wrong?

Advertisement
  2. ladyandroid

ladyandroid Member

I am not an expert but try this. Sd card has all of the files/directory including 'download'. This is where you will fin the ebook you downloaded. Click on the ebook and a separate frame will pop up to ask hoe to open this file. Here you choose the hub reader. Hope that helps.
  3. Brian566

Brian566 Well-Known Member

Sorted
    Gave up with the Samsung Kobe and the Play book
    Downloaded a App FBReader once installed it creates its own folder and you just drop your e books in
    Great reader with a parchment look
  4. Romulous

Romulous Well-Known Member

FBReader is one of the best IMO and i have tried quite a few.

Lightweight, customisable and will not drain your juice like some of the other apps.
  5. batkinson001

batkinson001 Well-Known Member

I am having some good luck with Cool Reader... it even has a night mode... still waiting on KOBO to get back to me as to why their app isn't working properly on my tab 2 10.1...
  6. minxtress

minxtress Member

I tried this when I got my SGTab but it didn't work. & I can't open them from the app.
    I tried again after reading your post, despite also having kindle installed, when I click on a mobi file it said "no apps can perform this action".

It seems crazy to have to download another ebook reader when one is already installed! Come on google, stop forcing us to be tied in or ho elsewhere, uou are not apple & this was a big part of why I went android.

FBReader is supposed to be good

I don't think I've missed something but do let me know if I have.
    It really shouldn't be so difficult to read a book on here!