1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

E: signature verification failedGeneral

1. jennison

jennison New Member

I have a Samsung Galaxy S 4g and trying to Flash a Custom Recovery But everything I've tried keeps telling me E: signature Failed. I'm currently running 2.3.3. The phone is Rooted just need HELP getting this problem fixed. XDA doesn't know how to respond to your posts.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Ijaz Ahmed

Ijaz Ahmed Well-Known Member

On Galaxy S with Gingerbread, you have Recovery 3e which requires the ZIP files to be digitally signed otherwise it wouldn't allow you to install unsigned ZIP.

You should first get rid of 3e recovery. I have personally installed ROM Manager from market and using it , I have CWM recovery which allows you to toggle signature verification so that you can install unsigned ZIP.

After you install CWM, click it and select Reboot into CWM recovery. From there you can do what you want.

I hope this helps
  3. Johnnyblaze84

Johnnyblaze84 New Member

i keep trying all this stuff on this Pone will not work for me at all keeps saying esignature varification failed installation aborted i tryed that root mod in google play that just keeps coming up with with some bs and wont let it work any idas