• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help E3D constantly syncing

My phone has been doing the same exact thing. When I looked under the sync settings, I find that it is "HTC Sense" that is always syncing. I've seen this sync as often as 5 minutes apart.

I tried changing the settings from push, 15 minutes, an hour, 12 hours, and it doesn't change anything. It just decides to sync whenever it wants. I've watched it sit there and try to sync for 5 minutes before I finally went in and canceled the sync manually.

Upvote 0
My phone has been doing the same exact thing. When I looked under the sync settings, I find that it is "HTC Sense" that is always syncing. I've seen this sync as often as 5 minutes apart.

I tried changing the settings from push, 15 minutes, an hour, 12 hours, and it doesn't change anything. It just decides to sync whenever it wants. I've watched it sit there and try to sync for 5 minutes before I finally went in and canceled the sync manually.

I don't have an entry under Accounts & sync for HTC Sense - I've not used Watch yet, tho. Didn't have it on my Evo, either.

I wonder what's up with that?? :thinking:

I'm not using things like FB, Twitter (yet) or Footsteps.

Upvote 0
My HTC Sense was syncing all the time to. But i found a way to fix it on mine.
I openeded up the HTC Sense and unchecked all 3 boxes.
Then starting from the bottom i checked the first one, then hit sync all. Went to the middle and checked it then synced all. Then chose the top box and selected sync all. They are all now syncing in about a second or two.
Not sure why but if you select all 3 or go from top to bottom it hangs.
Fixed my problem.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
For about the past 5 days I've noticed the syncing icon in my notification bar, and it stays there. When I go into my "Accounts and Sync" I see the "Sync HTC Sense" is the one trying to sync. So I press the button to stop syncing and it does. But after about 5 or so minutes, it starts up again. Anyone know how to get around this? I tried a profile and a PRL update but didn't fix it.

Upvote 0
For about the past 5 days I've noticed the syncing icon in my notification bar, and it stays there. When I go into my "Accounts and Sync" I see the "Sync HTC Sense" is the one trying to sync. So I press the button to stop syncing and it does. But after about 5 or so minutes, it starts up again. Anyone know how to get around this? I tried a profile and a PRL update but didn't fix it.

turn off auto sync

Reactions: Emmexx
Upvote 0
Ok I just tried something and so far seems to be working for me.
Though I hope I didn't mess up anything but it doesn't seem I did. I went into Menu>Applications>Manage Applications>All (tab at top)>HTC Sense>Clear Cache. Like I said, I hope I didn't mess up anything but it synced one more time after that and hasn't done it since. Or at least it hasn't done it as long as it was.

Upvote 0
My work e-mail (through Exchange) was the culprit for me. I went to Menu >> Settings >> Accounts & Sync and tried disabling background syncing, but the sync kept showing up. I clicked the Exchange ActiveSync icon and I could see it "stuttering" on my Sync Contacts box. I did have it set to sync As Items Arrive, so maybe I was getting a push from my work, but as soon as I unchecked that box it stopped and the icon went away in the status bar.

Hope it works for others! This was REALLY annoying! It even kept trying to sync in airplane mode which might be a completely different issue...:)

Reactions: jerofld
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones