• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ear phones

Just make sure you use 3.5mm headphones or else it could damage it. e.g of 3.5mm jack:
audiojack.jpg

Upvote 0
Only slight problem for you is that the standard HTC earphones also have a microphone built into the little control thingy. That is why the jack has an additional channel, shown by having an additional black insulation ring on them compared with the photos on this thread.

It means that other headphones can still be used to listen to music but not for phone calls. I have read on another thread that if you use headphones designed for the iphone 3G (not 3Gs) you can use the microphone in them.

Upvote 0
There is a "remote" that you can buy from HTC. Either from htc store, or ebay. It's called "Stereo Headset Remote: RC E100". It is basically the same thing you get with your hero, except that the part where the earphones are attached to the button and mic portion, is detachable, so you can attach your own headphones to it, its really nice.
Trouble with that one is that it uses the USB port at the bottom of the unit rather than the 3.5mm jack on the top. Instead you can use the HS U110 audio adaptor also from HTC which uses the jack on the top.

Edit - oops no it doesn't, it uses the USB port too sorry :eek:

But it is cheap on ebay in the UK though

Upvote 0
I use Sennheiser CX300 in-ear 'phones when the environment is noisy. Great sound for the price, and their impedance matches the Hero's output nicely i.e. no reduction in volume level.

as he says these headphones are very good and have had alot of good reviews. im using ones off my old sony ericsson and they are great. so check out sony ones aswell.

if you really want to push the boat out check these out. ive had these before and they are AMAZING! pricey but well worth it!!!

Etymotic Research, Inc. - ER•6i Isolator Earphones

(i stood on them so got myself some blutooth ear phones which also work great with the hero, again not cheap but worth it!)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones