• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ear piece gives feedback when talking

dc006

Apr 2, 2010
Hey guys,

Got my Incredible yesterday and I have noticed a problem that is really bugging me. When I call people, at random my ear piece seems to give a noisy/scratchy feedback. The other party does not hear it, but I hear it through the ear piece. It is not when they speak, but only when I do, as if the microphone is producing feedback that comes through the speaker.

I have also noticed that I found myself asking what people say a lot, as if though they are muffled or using the speaker phone when they are, in fact, not.

I called Verizon and they are going to have me swap it out at the store tomorrow, but I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this issue. Hopefully it is just a rare incident.

I feel Verizon has it out for me since they also ported my number when my phone was still with FedEx in Memphis. Either that, or I just have really bad luck.

Actually, the web site notified you that your number port would be completed as soon as the order was processed, which happens right before it ships. It's an unfortunate limitation of the LNP process used by every carrier I'm aware of.

Hmm, I didn't notice that. The CSR I asked while placing my order told me that the port would not complete until I actually activated my phone, because I was worried that might happen.

Can you show me where it says that so I know were I missed it? Thanks!

Upvote 0
Would have been on the final checkout / review screen right before clicking 'Complete Order', along with a bunch of other crap. Was someone placing the order for you or were you simply working with a CSR via chat? I can tell you from personal experience that a lot of reps from a lot of different companies think that numbers don't get ported until a phone is activated, so I'm not shocked to find out someone gave you incorrect info, as much as it might suck :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones