Ear pressing 'buttons' while talking?

Last Updated:

1. 2fasst

2fasst Active Member This Topic's Starter

Recently my phone's screen no longer 'blackout' during a call so my ear keeps pressing the screen buttons. Anyone else having this problem? Annoying as hell!...

Advertisement
  2. avacomputers

avacomputers Well-Known Member

Happens on my samsung moment.

3. Geezer Squid

Geezer Squid Well-Known Member

Your proximity sensor is supposed to be keeping the screen off while the phone is at your ear. If it isn't, call service. You have a defect.

Well, unless you have long hair or long sideburns. There's a known issue with hair and the sensor.

Good luck.

4. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

That's me! I was wondering all this time why I would keep hitting the damn End button with my face. I guess it's my hair doing it. :rolleyes:

5. ladybadger2007

ladybadger2007 Well-Known Member

Mine does it all the time ecspecially when I am trying to hold the phone with my ear and shoulder. I do not have long hair or sideburns. It will mute my call everytime. Really annoying. I agree

6. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Oh. So that's why I sometimes hit the button on my N1; was wondering if the proximity censor was broken or if it was just the ROM I'm running. :/ Stupid hair.

7. Hemorrdrhoid

Hemorrdrhoid Well-Known Member

Really the only best way to answer a call is to arrange your "holding hand" so that your pointing finger rests on top of the phone and sticks out just enough to press against your head so your face won't touch the screen. Never angle the Droid against your face; in fact make sure it always sits in a vertical position. If you have long hair, try to flip the hair back before putting the Droid to your face. And don't recline or lay down while calling; the proximity sensor blank-out only works well when the screen stays upright.

Rules man; ya gotta have rules. :)

8. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

I already have a contract with Verizon! Now I have to make another one with my Droid? :D