Early Battery Life Reports

Last Updated:

1. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member This Topic's Starter

It seems as though we wont have to worry too much about the Droid X's battery life. Many sources are reporting that it has the stated battery life from Motorola and are very impressed, especially considering it has a 4.3" screen. Seems like Motorola knows what it's doing compared to HTC in that department. I can't wait to see what the battery life is like with the extended battery coming out in August that will add ONLY 1mm of thickness to an already extremely thin phone. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4vAIsWH_V8&feature=player_embedded

Phone Scoop: "I don't have quite enough data to share at this point. What I can say is that I received the phone with an 80% charge at 2PM. After heavy use, the Droid X still had 50% at 11PM. That's not bad at all, though I hadn't synced email. Today, I left the house at 5AM with a full charge. After 9 hours of email, Twitter, etc., it still has 70% charge."

Advertisement
  2. GuardianAli

GuardianAli Active Member

No 4g radio which is a huuuuge battery drain, a processor on the 45nm process so it uses less power.

It better have a better battery life ;)

3. Vihzel

Even EVO owners with no 4G service are having major battery problems. It is a big issue on the Incredible and on the EVO. Definitely, not a minor problem. This is an area where Motorola really trumps HTC.

4. damstr

damstr Well-Known Member

I like how it locked up. Saw something similar happen on another video. Hopefully that isn't final software release their on! Haha

5. Vihzel

lol I hope not either, but that can be easily fixed with a firmware update. Good thing it's not a hardware problem. It happens sometimes on my Incredible also. I don't understand why... but it'll lag for like 10 seconds and then all of a sudden do everything at once.

6. zense

zense Member

Why does he say the phone has been used for the past 24hrs and its still at 50%. When the phone itself clearly states the last time it was plugged in was 2hrs ago?
    Very slick device either way, kinda puts the poor HTC EVO to shame with the benchmark tests that are being run and posted.

7. Vihzel

I wonder that too. I'm assuming that he plugged it in temporarily and unplugged it again. I do that with my Incredible sometimes.

8. rootedEris

rootedEris Banned

its the htc builds. i guarantee it.

PLUS this device has a "powermizer" option. Power management ftw!!

9. Vihzel

Now with the benchmarks... the Droid X has far better battery life AND far superior performance? I wonder how long the battery would last if it's performance was downgraded to the EVO level.

10. rootedEris

rootedEris Banned

HAHA i know, im so effin stoked for july 15th. :D

11. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Good news to hear for sure, I thought the Incredible battery life was ok, if this is better than that I will be happy.

12. Whiteboyx69

Whiteboyx69 Well-Known Member

Ugh i have to take my evo back soon so i can get the X. I'm goona have to go a week or two with a dumb phone waiting for July 15! :(

13. rootedEris

rootedEris Banned

haha, that is going to be a pretty good experience.

You will be going back in time and then coming back to cutting edge tech.:cool:

14. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

I don't like the fact that when you lay it flat seems like you need to use two hands to use the 4 hard buttons.

I lay my EVO down all the time and never have to use more than 1 finger to hit any button.

I do like the battery manager (which should be standard on all android phones).

15. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

:D:D:D

Can someone root this thing so we can see SetCPU magic worked on this.....

16. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Atleast motorola was wise and actually put a decent size battery in there compared to HTC who put that tiny battery in the incredible

17. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

That and the fact that is processor is suppose to be better on the battery. I thought the Incredible's battery life was okay and if this is better I am stoked.

18. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Yeah i mean the incredible battery wasn't great but supposedly the x is supposed to be better on battery which is always a welcome addition to a phone not having to worry about always needing to carry a charger with you.

19. ooja3k

ooja3k Well-Known Member

I find it hilarious that he says it lasted like all day and overnight and still has half battery left, but when you look at the battery usage screen, toward the beginning of the video, it says its only been unplugged for 2ish hours... HES A LIAR!

20. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Well we shall see when it finally comes. Maybe the battery life he mentioned was before he plugged it back up? Who knows.

21. Vihzel

Exactly. BGR wouldn't make a comment like that if they did not mean it, especially with the video showing differently.

22. hawkijustin

hawkijustin Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself, I get 24+hours of battery easy. Thats with about 6+ hours of heavy use awake time and the rest sleep time. Its not a battery hog unless you want it to be and run 4g,3g, wifi, gps and bluetooth with everything syncing all the time. I only run things when i need them and sync the things i want. I bet a smart user could push out 30+hrs on the X easy.

23. Vihzel

I'm just speaking for all of those people in the EVO forum complaining about battery life. That's all. If it really wasn't an issue, as it was also with the HTC Incredible, then I wouldn't even mention it.

24. hawkijustin

hawkijustin Well-Known Member

Its a issue to some and to some its not. HTC has a update for monday that is going to make battery life better i guess....We will see.

25. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Many people don't want to micromanage things like that all day.