Early Palm Pre Users Beware - No Upgrade till 6-5

Last Updated:

1. d1poet

d1poet Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I just pre ordered my Evo at best buy and decided I would check to see if I was eligable to the upgrade price of 200.

Low and behold I would not be until the 5th of June. So if you got the palm pre the day it came out and plan on upgrading becareful you don't get blind sided with that little gotcha.

As for me. I'm not sure I want to wait 1 day to get my phone. lol I want it that bad. But hey an extra 250 for full price is no laughing matter.

Not sure what I will do.

Advertisement
  2. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

Not me. I bought on launch day and am eligible on June 1st. Call Sprint and tell them you are about to drop some serious launch-day coin if they bump you back a few days.

3. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

My upgrade is eligible June 1st and I bought my pre on launch day last year, June 6th.

4. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

Contact Sprint - they're willing to bump up your eligibility date by 14 days, but no more than that.

5. ImmaSlave4U

ImmaSlave4U Well-Known Member

6. Aridon

Aridon Well-Known Member

I got mine on launch day, so glad I dumped that pos, and my upgrade date is the first. Double checked with best buy and sprint and both had the same date.

7. austinn

austinn New Member

ya whoever told u that is wrong, i also got the pre on launch day and i get a upgrade on 6/1

8. LisaFitz

LisaFitz Well-Known Member

If your a premier sprint customer than it doesn't matter what phone you have, I also have the Pre from day one last june and i just checked and am eligible June 1st - :eek:

9. Rononymous

Rononymous New Member

I got the Pre on launch day. I'm eligible for the half rebate but I have to wait till august for the full upgrade

10. NiCK Crush

NiCK Crush Well-Known Member

So you're eligible for the $75 upgrade now? and the $150 in August? How does that work?

11. cooper1010

cooper1010 Well-Known Member

[robot voice] does_not_compute [/robot voice]

12. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

so all the people clamoring for a launch day phone and just can't wait are pretty much equivalent to all the Apple geeks lining up at the Apple store on their respective launch days. Why is it so important for people to have it on launch day? I just tell my business rep to order it when the system lets him and wait two days for it to show up on my doorstep.

13. Tiako

Tiako Well-Known Member

I got a pre but can't upgrade until July 5th.. Do you think they would give me a month advance? I don't care that much so if I have to complain to get it I will just wait.

14. Nitraine21

Nitraine21 Well-Known Member

I checked out that link, and I bought my pre around the 3rd week of june, and it says I am eligible 5/1/10...how awesome is that! lol

15. crackerstyle

crackerstyle New Member

I got my pre 2 days after launch. I called Sprint to see when I'm upgrade eligible again and the rep told me June 1st.

16. tss

tss Member

Not me, got my Pre on June 11, called several times over the last several weeks and confirmed that I am good to go on June 1. One of the reps told me that no matter the date they allow upgrade on the first day of the month of your eligibility. I would recommend you call and raise H--l and have them move it to the 1st like everyone else. Also try BB upgrade site to see what there system says, I have found better information there. here is the link Upgrade Checker | Best Buy Mobile: everything mobile - every point of view

17. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member

Would you SERIOUSLY take one day of having the phone over $250?! Maybe you can send some of that money my way!

18. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

Nah, I'll never wait overnight in any lines. I'll go get one on launch day for the same reason as anyone else. I work early that Friday so chances are I will just roll down to Best Buy after work or on Saturday and pick it up. With the Pre I just walked into a slightly more crowded Sprint store and was like next in line.

I guess the point is that, yeah, lots of folks are tech hobbyists and this is fun. Some will wait in lines. Others will preorder. Still others will wait for the first reviews to roll in. We all have things we get a kick out of. It's like braving the crowds for opening day or going to the premiere of a movie.

19. katmandoo122

katmandoo122 Well-Known Member

I hit Best Buy at lunch today and was first in line on pre-order. Whenever I get to BB,they'll give me the phone. I wouldn't wait in line for hours but why not pick it up if they have it for me?

I got to the Sprint store around 7 for the Palm Pre...was kinda fun waiting in line with 6 other people but if there were 60, I would have left.

20. rockman1117

rockman1117 Well-Known Member

I got a launch day Pre as well and it says I'm good for 6/1. So no probs here; just give Sprint a call and let them know how "excited" you are for the Evo. That ought to get the ball rolling.

21. horadin

horadin Well-Known Member

Bought my Pre on 6/29/09 I am eligible for an upgrade on 6/1/10 according to a sprint rep in store and the online method of checking eligibility.

22. d1poet

d1poet Member This Topic's Starter

Yep. It looks like your upgrade date is dated the 1st of the month you upgraded in. So rep has informed me June 1st is good for me also.

But just in case I had her make a note in my account lol. Dont want to show up at best and get hit with sticker shock.

23. tictac

tictac Member

i got my pre the release day (06062009) and the guy said i would be eligible on the 1st of june. i was happy, although i wouldve shelled out the money either way.