Early problem in my DroidX relationship

Last Updated:

1. AndroidConvertDX

AndroidConvertDX New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, all. First off, my apologies if this has been asked before. That being said, I want to relay my early experience with my DroidX that, unfortunately, left me questioning this phone.

When I bought my X, I decided that this was going to be the phone that I take great care of. I went out, bought the rubber, and hardshell, protectors. I bought the scratch resistors.

And then I got greedy.

I decided that I wanted to make the most of this phone, and I bought the Motorola MultiMedia dock. Up until I used the dock, my phone worked fine. However, after just one night on the dock, the battery "quit". Luckily, and surprisingly, the people at Verizon corrected the situation and gave me the replacement battery. Their (Verizon's) explanation to me was, "The battery is completely dead, and won't hold a charge." I then further questioned the "support" guy, and asked whether or not this was a common occurrence after using the dock. His answer was, "I don't think so". Typical.

So, I am reaching out to you all, and asking whether or not the Motorola Droid X Multi-Media dock has a known issue of "killing" the battery. I remain optimistic, yet fear the worst.

Thanks to anyone who can shed some insight on this problem.

Advertisement
  2. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

It is no different than plugging your phone into a charger overnight. You might've just had a bad battery.

AndroidConvertDX likes this.
  3. firetruck41

firetruck41 Well-Known Member

I've used the multimedia dock for a week or so, on the night table/overnight, with no battery problems.

4. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

Probably a bad battery.

I gave my old Eris (Which I kept immaculate for about a year) to my sister and less than a month later it's in pieces and shes calling Asurion.

5. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

The dock just has a pin-out for the USB charging wires. It's nothing fancy. If there were a problem with the dock, it'd be much more likely that it wouldn't charge the phone at all or you'd have other symptoms.

Very likely just a bad battery. Don't stress about it.

AndroidConvertDX likes this.