• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Early Release Date!!

Reactions: Mdraej99
Upvote 0
Does anybody believe this release date of August 12 or 13? I want to believe it so much but I just can't! The latest list of specs seems pretty cool too!!

I believe 12 August is the announcement date and 21 August is the date they will be available for purchase. Those are the dates as reported by multiple sources.

Reactions: Mdraej99
Upvote 0
I have the GS6edge and Note 4. The fixed battery was disappointing but I am willing to live with that. The lack of a microSD card is harder to absorb, though. Perhaps there is some hope. The various renders I've seen - some had a slot on the top and another had a slot on the side. Maybe there are two slots - SIM on top and microSD on the side? Wishful thinking? Maybe, but who knows. I'll probably end up getting the Note 5.

Upvote 0
I have the GS6edge and Note 4. The fixed battery was disappointing but I am willing to live with that. The lack of a microSD card is harder to absorb, though. Perhaps there is some hope. The various renders I've seen - some had a slot on the top and another had a slot on the side. Maybe there are two slots - SIM on top and microSD on the side? Wishful thinking? Maybe, but who knows. I'll probably end up getting the Note 5.
The latest article I read says the new memory storage is better and faster! We shall see

Upvote 0
Well, they're trying to sell the concept of fixed memory because it's faster. Problem is, it's not EXPANDABLE. Unless they manage to slap 128 GB into a Verizon DE Note 5, I'll likely pass. At least with a microSD slot, you have the internal memory PLUS the expandable storage. I can't squeeze all my stuff into 32 or even 64 GB... particularly with high resolution photos and videos, which are total memory hogs.

Reactions: Mdraej99 and mikedt
Upvote 0
Plus the added safety of keeping things on your micro SD that you really need to have in case the phone is broken. Like pictures, music, many different kinds of files (I have several businesses that I want to make sure I keep files on both internal and an external backup). But since the real reason they are nixing the SD option is so the user/PHONE OWNER has to pay for cloud storage, none of that will matter to Samsung or Google. I hate to say I hope Samsung going this route really hurts them in the pocket book (people don't buy the phone because of no SD and no removable battery), but then that means that we have to wait another year or two before they "might" address these issues, if ever. I dunno, I have about given up having a true option for my Note 3 to upgrade to. At this point it is not looking like it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones