1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Early Retail Sales?General

1. Bandage

Bandage Well-Known Member

Anyone had any luck finding one early in retail stores? Walmart / Best Buy / Sprint, etc?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Bandage

Update...

So far no retail willing to sell Photon a day early. Sprint Corp store was close, but got overridden by the Store Manager who had just come back from lunch break! Bastid!

Target doesn't have em in stock...Best Buy got their delivery, but are tight-wads about early sale. Wishin Walmart sold Sprint devices in store...I got the Sensation 3 days early cuz the CSM didn't know any better.

Gonna call around a few more places, mebbe Sprint non corporate. Anyone else trying to get one a day early?
  3. tiny2nz

tiny2nz Well-Known Member

NO DICE i tried 4 stores two corp and two resellers cant wait till 11:00 am tomorrow
  4. Bandage

Best Buy WILL have them tomorrow as well. They are in stock...so 10am if you don't wanna go to Sprint retail.
    drexappeal likes this.
  5. predwing

predwing New Member

Just an FYI for future reference Sprint Corp stores prevent stores from selling anything before the release date. They make the price of any equipment both accessories and phones an crazy price like $5555.55 until the launch. So even if you could find a corp store willing to sell it before the launch you would have to pay a ton for it. But I played with one all day it is really amazing.
  6. Thrasherx2k1

Thrasherx2k1 Member

I called 3 local Best Buy's and all 3 told me they don't have the Photon in stock yet and don't know when they will receive any. Anyone else being told this?
  7. excav8ter

excav8ter Well-Known Member

The Best Buy near me has 4..... I saw them with my own eyes. Even opened one of the boxes.
  8. Thrasherx2k1

Thrasherx2k1 Member

It must only be select stores because even if you look on Best Buys website its not listed anywhere. Every other phone like the Evo 3D or Nexus S 4G were listed atleast a week before release on their website. Where are you located and was this a Best Buy store or a Best Buy mobile store? I called 2 Best Buys and a Best Buy mobile in our local mall in the Rockford IL metro area. No one had a clue...
  9. excav8ter

excav8ter Well-Known Member

I'm in Holland Mi. It was at a Best Buy.... I thought Best Buy mobile is just a department inside Best Buy.
    The Photon is even listed in the print ad that they have on a rack by the phones.
  10. donniegood

donniegood Well-Known Member

Grand Rapids, Mi is the same
  11. mgiven

mgiven Member

Anyone ask them when the price will be in Best Buy? How about Radio shack since they open an hour earlier on sundays :)
  12. Thrasherx2k1

Thrasherx2k1 Member

Hmm I wonder if it will be listed in the Best Buy ad that comes out tomorrow morning...
  13. M@XLOL

M@XLOL Well-Known Member

My manager asked me to sell one this morning for a friend of hers but when we rang it up it came up as 5555.55.... we didn't want to take a chance and override the price for fear of using up all subsidy discounts for our next audit. damn corporate constraints.
    donniegood likes this.
  14. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Woohoo. Glad this thread was started. Called closest Best Buy down the hill from me to confirm that they'll have it and they will, so I'll be there first thing in the morning to swoop it up. In fact, they said they'll actually have a few extra ones (whatever that means)...LOL. I asked if there's any way I could reserve one and he said "Absolutely no way."...LOL...it was worth a shot.
  15. drexappeal

I'm waiting to see in half an hour if it changes out here too. The other thing I wanted to mention about the pricing, the Best Buy mobile rep I spoke with at my local BBMobile said they wouldn't be able to match Walmart's pricing at launch!..oh well.
  16. gulu

gulu Active Member

Yes it is in the best buy sale paper
  17. drexappeal

The weekly ad for the 7/31-8/6 or the mobile guide that I had posted about last week?
  18. mgiven

mgiven Member

It's in the BestBuy mobile guide for $199. Wonder if there is any hope a Radio Shack would have them in store since it's listed at $179.
  19. drexappeal

Yeah, I had mentioned the mobile guide last weekend when I took a pic for everyone.

Radio Shack might. I'm only getting directly from Best Buy because of the additional gift cards I have and the bonus points I'd get on top of that, which would in essence translate to $179 purchase.
  20. Thrasherx2k1

Thrasherx2k1 Member

Best Buy ad is showing the Photon 4G. But still no link for it on their website. Be nice when a link shows up so I can see which stores have it in stock...
  21. drexappeal

Yup. I can confirm that now, in L.A. But yeah, I was kinda hoping I could do an order and pickup on the website. Oh well, I'm ready to wake up and head down there before opening anyway. Have to do some other errands anyway.