Early Upgrade Phone Change?

Last Updated:

1. MariposaNegra17

MariposaNegra17 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, right now I have an LG Dare. My Two year contract ends in July of this year.

I went to a Verizon retailer and found out that I am available for an early upgrade, which works out well since I want to get the Nexus One when it comes out for Verizon (hopefully March 23rd).

My question is: What steps would I have to take to rid my self of my LG Dare and upgrade it to the Nexus One?

For example, let's say that the N1 id definitely coming out on the 23rd and I decide that I will get it on the 24th...what do I do with my current phone? Bring it to a Verizon store?

Thank you in advance,

Miranda

Advertisement
  2. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

When the n1 releases it will most likely not be available in an actual verizon store. You would have to order it thru google. You wouldn't need to take your old phone to a store at all. You can just stick it in a drawer, give it to a friend, sell it, or donate it to hopeline.

3. MariposaNegra17

MariposaNegra17 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I do understand that, maybe I didn't word this well enough =P

There has to be a process in which I discontinue use on my Dare right?

I'm not sure how to word it >.< lol

4. jreed2560

yeah once you program your new phone the dare will be deactivated and free to do with as you please. if you get the phone in the mail you will dial *228 and select option 3. it programs the new one and deactivates the old.

5. ShinP

ShinP Active Member

My NE2 came up on 3/25 and my contract is set to end on 7/25. If I use my NE2 now to get a phone, would I be able to get a new phone on 7/25 as a renewal or does using the NE2 now renew my contract? Thanks.

6. jreed2560

No. Upgrading extends ur contract and you won't be eligible to upgrade for another 2 yrs

ShinP likes this.