Early upgrade to the Motorola Droid?

Last Updated:

1. JordanRutledge01

JordanRutledge01 New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm on a family plan with four lines and the primary line can get a phone upgrade on April 29, 2010 after I pay a fee of $30 to end the contract after a year and renew it early. My family has been with verizon for over 11 years. The thing is, I need an early upgrade so I can have a smartphone for business (but I also just really want the Droid, lol) and right now I just have a basic phone without a data plan. Is there any way that I can get an even earlier upgrade? I'll be paying $30 more per month anyway so they'd get more money, but the official store tells me that I have to wait until late April. Do any of you know a way around this? I don't want to pay for a phone off of ebay either (too expensive, plus the warranty is voided since I didn't purchase it from them).

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. 22engine

22engine Well-Known Member

go to verizons website and go to the contact us and email them and explain your situation. thats what i did before the phone came out and they moved my upgrade date from march 2010 to oct 2009. when i called they said no but email worked. They seem to be happier to help. good luck

3. jetswa737

jetswa737 Member

If you go to the store ask to speak to a manager or supervisor. They have the authority. Or ask to speak to the customer retention dept if calling in. They also have the ability to do this. Be nice of course but make sure that you advise them that you will consider not renewing the contract and taking your business elsewhere (in a nice manner not threatening). You catch more flies with honey than sugar.

4. spazma7ik

spazma7ik Well-Known Member

Call in to their customer service and explain your situation, so far the past 3 or 4 times I have done this, they have bumped my upgrade a few months earlier, and with the droid they bumped it up by like 5 months. Great customer service.

5. Vaporizer

Vaporizer Member

Yeah I would just call Verizon and explain what YOU want. As a customer they'll want to satisfy your needs.

I too wanted a Droid but was unable to upgrade until December 2010. I called Verizon last night and got my Droid.

Im so EXCITED. Im upgrading from the LG EnV Touch and my Droid should be here by Tuesday. :D