early upgradeGeneral

Last Updated:

1. GNS1310

GNS1310 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just got off the phone with Verizon and they couldn't even talk about the DI because it wasn't officially out yet. I said I've been getting early upgrade offers and asked if it would work with the DI. Contract is up on July 12th and I've gotten offers in the mail for upgrades etc, they said I'd have to wait until the 29th when, and if, the phone comes out and go from there. She had no clue about the pre-order on the 19th, maybe she just couldn't discuss it because the phone isn't out yet. I plan on going to my local VW store on the 19th and asking again.
    Best thing about Verizon is customer service. If you ask around enough and complain here and there, you'll get what ya want!

Advertisement
  2. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

Like anything else in the world today, it all depends on the individual you hit, in general I think Verizon's are pretty decent but there's always the clueless ones...

I was in a VZW store to split a family plan apart back in Feb. The devour was coming out soon at the time, the girl I was working with was trying to tell me THAT was going to be a upgrade from the Moto droid... In her defense she did GREAT splitting the account apart, 3 lines all going separate and a bunch of other changes too.

3. dalumberjack

dalumberjack Well-Known Member

this is the response I got when I emailed them. This line was original eligible on 10-18-10:
    Dear kjhkjkhj,

Good morning. I can't wait for the HTC Incredible to come out! It looks like it will be a fantastic phone. I have gone ahead and updated the upgrade date for the 999-999-9999 line to 4/16/10. Not sure if aware, you can pre-order the HTC Incredible starting the 19th! For further information regarding pre-ordering the HTC Incredible, you may visit our website at, HTC Incredible?.

If you prefer to wait until the 29th, as a registered "My Verizon" subscriber, you have the ability to upgrade your wireless phone online. To process your order, please sign-in using the Account Owner

4. droidINCREDIBLE

droidINCREDIBLE Active Member

The answer is YES, you can get an early upgrade if you are the primary line on the account...here's how it works...
    for EARLY UPGRADE you are entitled to pay a $20 early upgrade fee, in other words after your $100 mail in rebate the phone will cost you $220.

5. GNS1310

Thanks for the help. I am the only phone on my account. I've called a few times and gotten different answers, none of which I've been happy with. I'm headed to the stores tomorrow, I have 2 within 15 mins of my home, I think I'll find some info print it up, maybe even print up some posts from these forums, see what they have to say then.

6. soco352

soco352 Active Member

I just called a little bit ago as I'm eligible for an early upgrade but not the NE2 discount. She said that I had to go thru verizon wireless (store or online )and that Best Buy would not be able to do an early upgrade for me..., I can pre-order it tomorrow, but that for the early upgrade it's going to cost me $20.

7. Sailingmaster

Sailingmaster Well-Known Member

The early upgrade fee is waived if you purchase from the VZW online store.

8. Androidoholic

Androidoholic Well-Known Member

They always waive the upgrade fee for me, even in store. They are pretty good with that.

9. Sailingmaster

Sailingmaster Well-Known Member

I've worked with several store reps that will credit the upgrade fee for good customers, but that's not policy. :)

10. Androidoholic

I have been going to the same store for years they have always been very good to me.

11. Androidoholic

Actually this will be the first time I am ordering a phone online.

12. crspyjohn

crspyjohn Well-Known Member

I can upgrade for total of $150 after 5/19 but i want the phone now and i dont qualify for a early upgrade =. Wat do i do!

13. GNS1310

I see no way to get the early upgrade online, its only giving me the full retail price.

14. GNS1310

Again, more BS from Verizon. This time when I called, she said I have to wait until my NE2 date, July 12th, then I would be eligible for the $299 price, minus a $100 rebate minus a $50 NE2 deal making the phone $149.99
    I'm on a $39.99 monthly plan, which is supposedly why I can't get the early upgrade. It has to be 49.99 plan or higher I guess.
    They offered my a $50 replacement G'zone Boulder, I said "No way, this things a piece of Sh...."
    The I get the classic "I'm so sorry sir, i wish we could help you out with your phone problems"
    I laughed and said "Verizons Customer Service is #1 and that's why I've stuck with you, but lately...it sucks."
    Again, I got the "I'm so very sorry sir."
    Not sure what to do, try my luck in-store, call back and talk to someone else, or just stuck it up until July.

15. Droidz

Droidz Well-Known Member

Call into Verizon and ask to speak with a manager right away regarding your account. Level 1 reps cannot do anything for you, so don't even waste your time. Ask the manager if you can use your NE2 upgrade early for this phone, they should let you.

However you may need to wait until 4/29/2010 to order. I called in there not too long ago and the manager told me that they were not taking preorders for they phone, they are only doing that online. I really don't think that they will have a problem pushing up your NE2 discount being that it is less then a month away.

Worst case scenario, you need to wait until 5/19 to order. I doubt that will be the case.

GNS1310 likes this.
  16. GNS1310

I will give that a shot. Thanks.

17. GNS1310

On hold now, chick that answered the phone sounded scared lol...was using my 'tough-guy' voice!

18. GNS1310

Done! Manager agreed to move my NE2 to the 30th. Agreed to give me the NE2 deal, phone will cost me 149.99 and will be overnighted on release day!

19. atlas310

atlas310 Well-Known Member

Good job :)

20. jsalny

jsalny Member

Did you call the store, or 611?

21. GNS1310

1-800-922-0204...hit 0 as soon it picks up to get right to customer service!

22. Bond111

Bond111 Active Member

So what if you're on a family plan, with just two phones. Lets say the secondary line has a contract through Oct. Now what if I add a line with the Incredible, and cancel and pay an ETF for the second line? Is there any way to also keep the same phone number I have with the second line?

I need a way to get around paying full retail on this phone. And if I can, only sign a 1 year contract. 2 years as being a non primary line is for the birds.

Posted this on HF and haven't gotten any replies yet...

23. jfunk

jfunk Well-Known Member

I have a similar family plan question too, only my situation is a little weird. My wife's phone should be eligible for and upgrade (and she NEEDS a new phone), but mine should not be up until July.

However, when we log into the VZW site, it has the two phones reversed (it says mine is available for upgrade and hers is not until July). As I mentioned, my wife needs a new phone, hers barely works anymore, so I want to contact them to get this resolved so she can go ahead and get the Incredible ordered.

On the other hand, seeing as so many people seem to be having success getting them to allow the early upgrade, I'm wondering if I should avoid that conversation entirely and just try to get them to allow both lines to get the upgrade instead so I can have one now too instead of having to wait.

Thoughts?

24. Bond111

Bond111 Active Member

anyone know the answer to my question?

25. Reprobate

Reprobate Active Member

I got my 6/1/10 NE2 date moved up to today after an email through verizonwireless.com. I mentioned the problems I was having with my Dare. I didn't get an official response to my request, but the date changed on the site after a day. I'm a satisfied customer.