Earphone bug/problem?!

Last Updated:

1. koekjestr0mmel

koekjestr0mmel New Member This Topic's Starter

Two days ago, my Android started to act kinda strange: On the Top right on the screen it says my earphone is plugged in, but it isn't... Plugging in an actual earphone or rebooting or updating doesn't help. I hope there is someone with similair problems, who already solved the problem.

Phone: HTC Hero

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. slater143

slater143 New Member

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem a few weeks after I first had my Hero. I tried the same as you but in the end I had to send it off to be repaired coming to the conclusion it was a hardware problem with the switch in the headphone socket.

However, the repair centre reinstalled the firmware and it was fine after that. It may still be a hardware issue, but I would suggest maybe backing up your stuff and then downloading the firmware image off the HTC site and seeing if that resolves it first.

I've not had the issue return since.

3. koekjestr0mmel

koekjestr0mmel New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the tip;) I'll try that tomorow and let u know if it worked!

4. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

As a quick fix, search the market for a headphone toggle app - this will override the autodetect function which seems to go wrong for a lot of people on the hero.

5. Alexia

Alexia New Member

Thanks, I have the samsung gravity smart and Ihad purchased a new set of head phones and it would not pick up the headsets , I was able to find the app and this resolved my issue, a good alternative to have to wipe my phone :)