earpiece clarity?Support

Last Updated:

1. mannyhernz

mannyhernz Active Member This Topic's Starter

anybody else having weird earpice clarity?...mine is not as clear as all my other phones i've had before.

Advertisement
  2. cij1916

cij1916 Well-Known Member

I'm experiencing that, but it's not bad, some people are clear, some sound like they are mumbling.

3. mannyhernz

mannyhernz Active Member This Topic's Starter

yeah same here..WTF?...thats not good.

4. vodo

vodo Member

Yep same here...Much worse than my htc hero... I wonder if everyone is having this issue or only certain epics?

5. drbunda

drbunda Well-Known Member

I read in another forum that they contacted Sprint - here's what he wrote:

Seems you can not have earbuds in the phone and use the phone function. Googles search voice feature will work so the microphone is not disabled altogether due to earbuds, just the phone application. It was stated this would be sent ot the "programmers" to see what could be done.
    I never thought twice of it being earphones as my win phone worked in this mode with no problem. So at work, should I receive a call on my cell, I have to remember to unplug the earphones before I answer the phone.

6. gt33

gt33 Well-Known Member

I returned my second epic because of a horrendous earpiece, tested side by side with another epic.

7. drbunda

so you think it's a phone to phone issue and we should look at exchanging the phone? What about what Spring said about Google voice?

I could hear perfectly fine, but the person on the other end said it was very electronic and muffled sounding. This is on my earpiece. Apparently the earpiece that came with the phone was awful!! It sounded the same for me though.

8. drbunda

So did everyone else get a new phone? I went to the Sprint store and they did a soft reset and said they couldn't duplicate the problem. What if they don't agree with me that it's "bad sound quality"? It's rattleing or something when volumn is turned up. I have to try to keep the volume as low as possible while still trying to hear what people are saying.