Earpiece makes a buzzing/rattling when talking on the phone. Issue or just pet peeve?Support

Last Updated:

1. Piercing Heavens

Piercing Heavens Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im having this issue if it even is one or Just a pet peeve. Can you guys please let me know if you are hearing if the audio is buzzing when talking on the phone. Or like the speaker is buzzing when it produces sound from the earpiece. Like something is rattling around. Is this how the phone is or just me?

Advertisement
  2. Birdman2004

Birdman2004 Well-Known Member

Hmmm I still haven't heard of anyone else with this problem but I took it to the verizon store today and they told me to call customer service and they would send me a new unit. So I guess it could be a problem. I'll post back after I talk with customer service and see what they have to say about it

Piercing Heavens likes this.
  3. Piercing Heavens

Piercing Heavens Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Please let me know what they say. We seem to be the only ones with this issue.

4. krichek

krichek Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that guys, no buzzing on my X. If it helps once you get it replaced the earpiece actually sounds better and louder than on my original Droid.

5. Birdman2004

Went by the store yesterday and they told me to call but I'm gonna try another store today to see if they will just do an in store swap. we'll see I guess

6. Birdman2004

another update: called the store that I'm planning on going to after work and the woman told me something to the effect of "it may be a software issue. there were some problems similar to this on the Dinc and droid 1 that were fixed by a software update of some kind. bring it in to let a technician look at it."

gonna try this first, but if that doesn't get it, I'll be placing an order for a new unit. I'll keep you posted.

7. vaxick

vaxick Well-Known Member

That would be nice if it was a software issue. I'm having the same problem too and everybody around me is sold out. :(

8. schmunkey

schmunkey Active Member

I've got the same buzzing issue and it has been difficult at times to discern what people are saying. I wont have time to go by a VZW store until Sunday though. Please post if they confirm it is a software issue. I seriously doubt it but it would be nice if it's that simple.

9. xrussx

xrussx Well-Known Member

Mine is doing this as well.

10. vaxick

vaxick Well-Known Member

Just called Verizon and have a new one being sent to me once they get back in stock.

Somebody over at HowardForums returned his phone to the store and was told a few people at that store had also taken theirs in because of said issue.

I played with another Droid X at my local store today while returning my phone case and that one sounded perfect at max volume with the same audio that caused mine to vibrate.

11. travishamockery

travishamockery Well-Known Member

I have this problem too. I'm gonna go to the store tomorrow afternoon and pray they have stock, but I doubt it. I'm prob in the same boat, gonna have to just wait till one comes in.

12. Birdman2004

Went by the store and told the technician what was happening and that the girl on the phone said that it may be a software issue...he just laughed and said that the phone just came out and that software updates were not am option.

He called my voicemail and listened to it for maybe 2 seconds and handed it back and told me it was a blown speaker.

if you're having this same issue, call customer service and they will ship you a new unit. I called friday as soon as I left the store and they told me it would ship out on the 23rd.

Kinda sucks for us, but at least they will replace it without a lot of hassle

13. Birdman2004

Went by the store and told the technician what was happening and that the girl on the phone said that it may be a software issue...he just laughed and said that the phone just came out and that software updates were not am option.

He called my voicemail and listened to it for maybe 2 seconds and handed it back and told me it was a blown speaker.

if you're having this same issue, call customer service and they will ship you a new unit. I called friday as soon as I left the store and they told me it would ship out on the 23rd.

Kinda sucks for us, but at least they will replace it without a lot of hassle

14. travishamockery

cool thanks for the info. i'm stopping in tonight to do this

15. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Well-Known Member

I'm having this issue, but it isn't constant. I'm going to wait (since I'm obviously still within my 30 day) and see if the second one I have coming does the same thing. It's not THAT bad, just a slight annoyance. I don't think my speaker is blown. It really only does it at the highest and second highest volume levels. I've spent so much time customizing, I'd hate to start from scratch!

16. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

OMG I used to hate it when no brain CSRs would tell people that an OBVIOUS hardware issue could be fixed with a software update. the line about the incredible and the droid is BS.

17. Birdman2004

You might just want to go ahead and order it. I didn't think mine was blown either cause it only sounded bad within low frequency sounds (deep voice ) but he said it was blown

18. dookie1

dookie1 Well-Known Member

here too. haven't taken any action yet, but i intend to.

19. tcallahan

tcallahan Well-Known Member

same here too.... prob going to call next week and see what the dealio is. Its not a huge deal but i want that great call quality that everyone is talking about. Stilll a thousand times better than my storm...

20. travishamockery

just went to the store, no stock, not surprising. i had to order a new phone online but it won't ship till the 27th :(

21. xsists

xsists Active Member

I have the same problem. Mine is being replaced by VZW for other issues, hope my next ear piece is better. I'll be getting mine on Tuesday. FYI, my cousin just ordered the phone through the stores and he'll get his Tuesday too so they do still have stock..

22. PatrickBatemanVP

PatrickBatemanVP Active Member

Unfortunately mine has the same problem. If I turn the volume down 2-3 notches it seems to help, but it's very hard to hear people on top volume because of the blown speaker sound. Looks like I'll have to get a replacement.

23. sooner2k1

sooner2k1 Member

I'm also experiencing this problem, but bought from Best Buy. I called about returning and they just took down my name and said it shouldn't be much trouble to hold on to one that comes in some time next week. Hopefully I can get it turned on and call my voice mail while still in the store.

24. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

same problem here. Looks like i will be calling customer support this afternoon.

25. lbw

lbw Active Member

I'm having the same problem. This is the second Droid X I have had. The first sounded crystal clear just had other issues. #3 is being delivered tomorrow. Hopefully this one will work properly.