Earpiece volume problem after JB updateGeneral

Last Updated:

1. vinndy

vinndy Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Everyone, I would like to know if I am the only one experiencing this issue.

After JB update was pushed out a couple weeks ago, the earpiece volume when I answer incoming calls is very loud. I try to turn it down, but can't unless I turn speakerphone on and then off again.

I called vzw wireless and they sent me out a warranty replacement... now this replacement is doing the same thing.

Is it just me?

Advertisement
  2. RoboCuz

RoboCuz Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed this....sorry.

3. BrianNH

BrianNH New Member

I got a new Razr M, and after the JB upgrade I noticed the earpiece volume very loud. Setting the volume to the lowest setting isn't low enough. If I raise the volume all the way up, and then back down, it seems to go to a more normal level. Obviously doing this for every call is a pain but it's a work around.

I brought the phone back per Verizons request and they gave me a new phone. After the JB upgrade on the new phone, it's doing the same thing.

4. vinndy

I am not happy that you are experiencing this problem and I am ready to trade the phone in because I can't stand doing this every call, but I am happy that I am not the only one it's happening to.

5. mcaspe1

mcaspe1 New Member

Exact same issue here as well. Someone posted somewhere that advanced call privacy may be to blame. I tried turning it off and still problem persists. Hopefully an update will help. This didn't happen in ICS.

6. vinndy

I got another replacement device (a non Razr M, it's the HD). It is bigger which I don't like, but as long as this problem is gone I will be happy.

7. rsisley

rsisley Well-Known Member

I haven't had the problem with my M running JB.

8. vinndy

Lucky

9. strangephish

strangephish Member

I've seen the same thing, I've had to turn the volume up one click and then back down and it appears to be a normal volume then, hopefully there is a fix soon for this.

10. vinndy

How active is Android in fixing bugs with new releases? I have been on IOS for 5 years and BB before that so I have no frame of reference. I just know that having to do this rediculous step 15-20 times a day is VERY annoying.

11. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Mine came loaded with JB and the earpiece is loud....but NICE!

12. stankch

stankch New Member

I have the same issue with the Razr HD. You can raise the volume a click or two during the conversation, it will actually lower the volume. So, on the next call you can lower the volume a click or two and the earpiece volume will also goes down. Unfortunately, you have to do this on every call.