• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Earpiece volume problem after JB update

vinndy

Jul 19, 2010
Hi Everyone, I would like to know if I am the only one experiencing this issue.

After JB update was pushed out a couple weeks ago, the earpiece volume when I answer incoming calls is very loud. I try to turn it down, but can't unless I turn speakerphone on and then off again.

I called vzw wireless and they sent me out a warranty replacement... now this replacement is doing the same thing.

Is it just me?

I got a new Razr M, and after the JB upgrade I noticed the earpiece volume very loud. Setting the volume to the lowest setting isn't low enough. If I raise the volume all the way up, and then back down, it seems to go to a more normal level. Obviously doing this for every call is a pain but it's a work around.

I brought the phone back per Verizons request and they gave me a new phone. After the JB upgrade on the new phone, it's doing the same thing.

Upvote 0
I got a new Razr M, and after the JB upgrade I noticed the earpiece volume very loud. Setting the volume to the lowest setting isn't low enough. If I raise the volume all the way up, and then back down, it seems to go to a more normal level. Obviously doing this for every call is a pain but it's a work around.

I brought the phone back per Verizons request and they gave me a new phone. After the JB upgrade on the new phone, it's doing the same thing.

I am not happy that you are experiencing this problem and I am ready to trade the phone in because I can't stand doing this every call, but I am happy that I am not the only one it's happening to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones