earubud recommendationAccessories

Last Updated:

1. djpeters

djpeters New Member This Topic's Starter

Just purchased an Incredible and need some new earbuds. Here is what I'm looking for:

-Good quality wired earbuds
    -mic so I can take calls
    -inline controls that I can skip songs (this is critical). volume up and down is a plus, but not critical

I've been looking around and the Klipsch S4i are the type of earbud I'm looking for, but from what I've read, the inline controls don't really work with the Dinc.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Advertisement
  2. sail4fun201

sail4fun201 Well-Known Member

I have earphones from an iPhone and they work nicely. Mine don't have volume controls, so I can't comment on how well that works, but it has a mic and it has a button that will play/pause and skip (for 3, it depends which music player you have interpreting the remote signals).

If you have the phone handle your button pushes by default, you have play pause, call the last number, and voice commands as your possibilities. With 3, single press for play/pause, double press for skip.

They're not audiophile quality headphones but they're good enough for me to listen to all day at work. $30 at the Apple Store, but you can get them elsewhere for cheaper; just make sure you're not getting fake ones.

3. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Too bad the Klipsch S4s won't work for your use. Do the S4i's only work for iPhone?

I have a pair and they are DISGUSTING.

Absolutely LOVE them.

4. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

I have a pair of Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5vi 'phones that work well:

Amazon.com: Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5vi Noise Isolating Earphones w/ Microphone: Electronics

Couple caveats:

- the microphone is positioned such that it works when not wrapping the cable around your ear, but wrapping the cable around my ear is more comfortable for me... so it requires a quick adjustment when someone calls.

- I found that the buds didn't stay in when I didn't wrap the cable around my ear... and then found that if I swapped the left and right ear buds, they stay in just fine without the wrap. So... yeah. Just a comment. The shape of the earpiece just seems to conform/fit better when it's upside-down (wire over your ears) or backwards (swap left/right).

- No volume adjustment. Just the one button to start/stop/answer, or double click to skip songs.

Keep in mind I have an iPhone... but I thought the three conductor headset was a standard along with the controls for it.

Sound is very good, cords are that nice balance between too thin and too thick, and the very small hard plastic case that comes with them is absolutely perfect - I know that's a small thing, but it's amazing how many companies get it wrong. The case is just big enough to carry the buds when the cable is nicely wrapped, and that's exactly the size it should be.

Complaints about bass in reviews should be chalked up to a poor seal in the ear - they have plenty of bass when properly sealed.

In terms of preference for musical stylings... I thought the Etymotic 6i was almost shrill in my ears - detailed, yes, but not enough low end. Conversely, I tried some Skullcandy buds that sounded like a techno club going on in my head. My Shure SE210s, though, were just right. So, I like a middle-of-the-road, lively sounding playback.