Easier Bluetooth pairing?

Last Updated:

1. Roroco

Roroco Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a bluetooth adapter attached to my car's iPod dock. It acts like a bluetooth headset so I can play music wirelessly from my Droid. My problem is that I have to go through a few menus to connect the paired devises every time I get in the car. Is there a way to have the Droid automatically connect to this devise, or is there a widget that can help make this process easier? Thanks guys.

Advertisement
  2. MotoDroidHelpandInfo

MotoDroidHelpandInfo Well-Known Member

If youre doing it right the Droid should only need to be set up once. Just make sure both the adapter and Droids bluetooth are on. It does take a minute or so for it to connect though.

3. Roroco

I don't know how I could be setting it up differently. The adapter is: Amazon.com: Insignia NS-BT300F Bluetooth iPod Speaker Adapter: Electronics It is a fairly basic adapter that is on when I turn my car on. I use Locale to turn Bluetooth on when I plug it in (which I do when it is docked in my car). So everything is on and ready, but under the Bluetooth settings menu keeps saying "Paired but not connected". What could I be doing wrong?

4. BeTheDance

BeTheDance New Member

I'm having the EXACT same problem on my new Droid only it's my regular bluetooth device -- a Motorola H695. I have the charger sitting right next to my desk. Whenever I take the thing OUT of the charger, I have to RE-PAIR it!! I can't find any setting to change this.

What a pain. On top of the voice controls not being able to be used by my bluetooth device, I am definitely seriously thinking of returning it and waiting--because if it ends up being a hardware fix, I'm screwed from what I gather of the phone upgrade contract.

5. Roroco

I found out what is going on. My phone's bluetooth need to be on before my bluetooth adapter. So when I get in my car I have to unplug my adapter and plug it back in for it to connect.

I hope they get an automatic discover and connect feature soon.

6. mek_man

mek_man Member

I have a very similar device..

Amazon.com: Ibizia iFIPO Bluetooth Module with iPod Dock Connector for iPod Accessories: Electronics

Do you feel like the sound is slightly boxy or clipped?? I am debating about swapping it out for another unit, but curious what your experience has been with the Insignia device.

I also have a similar problem. When I am listening to music via a2dp and a phone call comes in.. I can answer it via my car's factory bluetooth, but when the call ends the Droid doesn't return to the a2dp streaming but instead speakerphone for the music. Does anybody know of a way to autoconnect it back to the a2dp unit? It says "paired but not connected"?