1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Easier rooting?

Last Updated:

1. rockstrongo

rockstrongo Active Member

Does anyone think that there will be an easy way to root developed for this phone? As of right now I don't have too much of a reason to do it (other than cache cleaner and overclocking), but when an ICS rom becomes available it might become an issue. Using Z4 for my Ascend was SOOO easy but the tutorial for rooting this seems a little out of my league. Just wondering if there might be an easier way/ways in the future.

Advertisement
  2. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Let's hope so. It shouldn't be too hard for somebody who knows what they're doing to at least make a Windows version. As far as an app like Z4root, that's not going to happen. They've closed all the easy exploits in the newer versions of Android. I think the hold up for a Windows root script is all the people smart enough to make it are savvy enough to just use the Linux version, and there's not enough people with this phone to compel anyone to take the time to make an easier way. Hopefully somebody will take mercy on us non techy type people eventually, I would really like my Ad Free Android and DroidWall back.
    mkakemon and rockstrongo like this.
  3. rockstrongo

rockstrongo Active Member

Yes that sure would be nice.... I've just never dealt with Linux in any way shape or form and can't risk bricking my Mercury. Oh well, I guess it's a waiting game, unless I finally bite the bullet and try to root it manually.