• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Easiest way to go from rooted 2.1 to ANY version of 2.2?

greenless

Oct 14, 2010
I've been having too many issues with Velocity 0.4, so I've been trying to get in on the Froyo action.

I don't care about keeping root. Just want 2.2 on the phone.

None of the methods I've seen so far have worked.

Can I just use the LGMU on my PC to do it?

I've been having too many issues with Velocity 0.4, so I've been trying to get in on the Froyo action.

I don't care about keeping root. Just want 2.2 on the phone.

None of the methods I've seen so far have worked.

Can I just use the LGMU on my PC to do it?

Well if you want stock Froyo you can use my method. It is deffinately the easiest way to get stock froyo with No root of course.

Upvote 0
The easiest way would be to take the phone back to stock via one of the 3 methods posted around here somewhere and then just let all the updates come through and install automatically.

That would be the easiest, but it would not be the best method because you won't have the ability to root or use different ROMs.

Upvote 0
What did you say when you brought it back to verizon?

I told them the truth: I was using the LG software to update my phone (per Trident's guide) and it never got off the "DOWNLOADING! DO NOT UNPLUG!" screen. The software said it was 100% on my PC screen, but the 'do not unplug' screen never went away. If you pull the battery and try to reboot into recovery all you get is that screen. They tried to reboot into recovery in the store, got that screen again, and said "oh well, looks like we'll be shipping you a new one."

Upvote 0
I told them the truth: I was using the LG software to update my phone (per Trident's guide) and it never got off the "DOWNLOADING! DO NOT UNPLUG!" screen. The software said it was 100% on my PC screen, but the 'do not unplug' screen never went away. If you pull the battery and try to reboot into recovery all you get is that screen. They tried to reboot into recovery in the store, got that screen again, and said "oh well, looks like we'll be shipping you a new one."
Well thats one way to go Stock.

You'll have to write up some documentation telling others how to do it. LOL :D

Oh and Our new Stock V6 Nandroid is Cocked Locked and ready to Rock!!
http://androidforums.com/ally-all-t...nteer-who-wants-go-back-completely-stock.html

See OP for details.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones