Easiest way to make a full nandroid backup (want to install Cyanogenmod For Droid V

Last Updated:

1. soccerdude21490

soccerdude21490 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,

I've searched around the forums, internet, and twitter trying to find an easy way to just do a nandroid backup and I can't get a clear answer. I'm using the directions at droid-life.com to install the Cyanogenmod For Droid V5.0.5 and it mentions to do a full backup (as people also have recommended to do no matter what anyways) -- but I have no idea how to do one easiest. Some say it's built into installing ROMs, others are asking me to download like 5 different applucatiions. Figured there has to be a quick and easy way

thanks

Advertisement
  2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Reboot into your recovery (regardless of SPRecovery or Clockwork)

Choose 'nandroid' or 'backup/restore'

Choose backup.

3. soccerdude21490

soccerdude21490 Member This Topic's Starter

thanks! but should I do this right after I root (And get SuperPermission) or once I get CyanogenMod menu? Cause I think there is a "backup" option in CyanogenMod, but wasnt' sure if that was the same thing

4. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Your current recovery, SPRecovery, can be used with any backup you've made in SPRecovery and for any ROM except Cyanogen. When you flash over to ClockworkMod you'll ONLY be able to make backups that work with ClockworkMod and the only backups you can use are ones made in ClockworkMod and Koush's Cyanogen ROMs.

5. DroidSuks

DroidSuks Well-Known Member