Easiest way to root GT540 running 2.1! Now EVERYONE can root!

Last Updated:

1. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

As you have the Superuser icon, you are now rooted... :D Sorry I can't help with apps2sd anyfurther as I didn't do it... :( try reading that thread to the end and if you can't find a solution try asking them... What i know is if you have installed the Modem Driver in your PC, the tools can't connect with the phone... and about the SD card, you can remove it while your phone is turned off.. But, if you turn on while the SD card is removed your phone will crash, as apps2sd adds the part of the sd as phone memory...

Advertisement
  2. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

To change your bootanimation, you need an app called Bootanimation Changer.. with the free version their are some bootanimation that you can select.. and with the Paid version you can select your own bootanimation(Availble in many websites)... I replaced the YouTube app with newer version... i also replaced the 3D Gallery with the old 2D Gallery which i think is better...(I updated the Market also, but it doesn't need root or apps)

**EDIT: Check here how to change Boot Animation easily: http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-gt540/261469-change-your-boot-animation-d.html
  3. sazaaa123

sazaaa123 New Member

should i use temparary root or permanent root?
  4. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

Temporary root means your phone will unroot when your device is restarted... So, I recommend that you use permanent root, as you can unroot anytime you want using z4root...
    TableTop97 and Snokio like this.
  5. nill0076

nill0076 Active Member

Thanks nirob.....
  6. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

Welcome... Please use the thanks button..
    s-g-p likes this.
  7. jamiemac2005

jamiemac2005 New Member

Thanks Nirob, worked like a charm.
  8. djpailo

djpailo Active Member

So I download the root app from your upload and it just says it cant find any application to open it. :confused:
  9. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

You used the default browser to download?? Then it'll say that... Just ignore it and finish the download.... Open your favourite file manager & go to sdcard, find it and install...
  10. pegasus 123

pegasus 123 Member

hi
    I have down loaded the z4root apk from your upload to my laptop. do i have to transfer the file onto the sd card of the phone and run from there?
    Sorry if i am being a bit thick as i have never done this before and i want to be sure before i do anything that may mess up the phone.
    Mark
  11. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

Move to SD & install it with your File Manager...

Don't worry, feel free to ask :D
    roastpotato, Tokahara and pegasus 123 like this.
  12. pegasus 123

pegasus 123 Member

Thanks for your help its all done now.
    Mark
  13. alder191

alder191 Member

hi will this still work even though my phone is running on version 1.6
  14. sudipta das

sudipta das Active Member

I will write a totally different view about this phone called LG OPTIMUS GT540. According to me, why should I experiment with my phone in such a way? Why not the company itself does that for us? Why should we take such risks where anyone who is not a tech savvy, like me, should carry on such experiments with this phone of 11,000.00 INR? After purchasing the phone why should we take such pain? It seems worse when it is reported that if you make a mistake, the phone will be severely damaged!!!! My nokia phones like nokia 5200, nokia 7710, nokia x3 which run on symbian OS are much better where you can easily view the microsd and can copy whatever you wish to it without that nagging ROOT, UNLOCK, TITANIUM BACKUP, CHINESE STUFF, ROOT EXPLORER, etc...etc....At times, I feel disgusted with this device.
  15. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

16. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

As a example, This is the reason why Windows has tons of virus where linux has a little few...

Root isn't a serious thing... Google is already eager to supply users pre-rooted Android device but carriers & manufacturers don't want that... Root can leave the OS in risk if the user don't be careful or don't know about Android... And, if the user is a noob, they will keep bricking the device trying new interesting thing... Viruses effect Symbian OS & Android has no virus... As you can play with Android, you can't play with the other OSes... These modifying process are critical, but can you think these in other OSes? Nope, you can't...

If you are disgusted about Android, never touch an iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch...
  17. tonuppirate

tonuppirate Member

Thanks soo much been trying to root my carphone warehouse phone for ages!! Awesome!! :D
  18. Schnappi

Schnappi New Member

It worked! No idea why as I spent all morning installing and trying out various versions of z4root and got stuck at the USB debugging request. Thank you!:D
  19. hitman87

hitman87 Well-Known Member

i rooted my phone using z4root.. thanks..
    after rooting, i installed app2sd.. it showed 'finished' and then i restarted my phone as i was asked to do..
    But i cant see app2sd in applications..
    please help me.. if possible give me step-by-step procedure.. i m new to android thing..
    i will be grateful to you..
  20. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

Please don't make multiple posts... We'll try to help if we can... One post is enough... Multiple post will make others confused + it makes the thread bigger... Thanks..
  21. nikolas_dot

nikolas_dot New Member

hello guys, i have managed to root my gt540 and now i want to uninstall some applications. Could you tell me if i will do anything wrong if i uninstall:

1) App Advisor
    2) Latitude
    3) Talk
    4) Foursquare
    5) Wapedia
    6) Facebook for LG
    7) Twitter for LG
    8) Layar
    9) Shazam
    10) The Sims 3
  22. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

Don't uninstall Latitude & Talk...

To remove Facebook for LG & Twitter for LG just uninstall ''SNS''...
    djpailo and nikolas_dot like this.
  23. nikolas_dot

nikolas_dot New Member

Can someone tell me how to make a restor point to a root GT540?

AND where can i find app2sd? Iam running android 2.1..
  24. djpailo

djpailo Active Member

Thank you for all your help. I managed to root my phone and removed all those annoying apps. I kept latitude anyway but what does it do?
  25. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

You can share your realtime location via Latitude with you friends, it's a part of Google Maps... :D