Easiest way to transfer music?Support

Last Updated:

1. mityman50

mityman50 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have an iPod and, as such, all of my music is in iTunes. But I'm wondering what the easiest way to transfer music to my Evo is. When I connected my phone to my desktop and looked around in the Music folder, I noticed that all the sample songs were organized as such:
    SD Card>Music>Name of Artist>Name of Song
    Now, if iTunes organized all it's music that way, this would be as simple as ctrl+c and ctrl+v. But it doesn't. It's all like:
    Music>Artist>Album>Song
    The Evo doesn't recognize songs organized that way. So, without making new folders for every artist and copy pasting each song into them, what's the easiest way to transfer music to the phone?

Sorry, didn't realize I was in the Support and Troubleshooting forum. I guess it still kinda fits, though.

Advertisement
  2. Nickywaldo

Nickywaldo New Member

Hi there - download Double twist to your pc and phone.
    Is has an interface like Itunes, automatically locates you music, including in an ITunes library, you can choose what to sync or not, also transfers your play lists etc.

Its free and awesome!!
    Nick

3. vkdroid

vkdroid Well-Known Member

I'm not quite sure what you want, but another option is dropbox - just install on your computer & install the app on the phone.

I've never tried it for music, only docs and pictures, but I would assume it's the same thing.

4. mrk

mrk Well-Known Member

You don't have to make a new folder--the Evo works just fine using tags to browse, as the iPod does. If you want the folder hierarchy, though, you could get a program that uses the tags of the files to generate folders for them.

You really just need to drag and drop, though.

5. twinsdubs

twinsdubs New Member

I used "AudioGalaxy" app! Great! First you get on the computer and sign up and download the program. Then all is uploaded quickly. After that you download the app onto your phone and it immediately streams and everything is on your phone! Be sure to transfer to SD card for space in the settings! Thunderbolt...