• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

easiest way to unroot? and quick warranty question

rickiwithani

Nov 8, 2009
Ive been searching around here and alldroid but cant seem to find this. my headphone jack is loose to the point where it has become unusable. so i need to bring my phone in to Verizon. i was just wondering can i easily unroot my phone and remove bugless beast without wiping everything off i have a lot of apps and to reinstall them would be a pain in the ass the headphone thing i'm hoping a tech can fix but if they have to replace to phone so be it. i just don't want them to see the phone rooted and tell me the warranty is void even though the headphone jack has nothing to do with that

if it makes and difference i'm running bugless beast 1.2 and have droid root pro installed

Go to www.droidmod.org and download the dm updater, install it, follow the instructions. And when you get to the rom menu, choose stock rom, and flash it.
I can't remember if it wipes data, but if you are worried about your apps, downlad astro file manager from the market, and use it's built in app manager, it will let you make backups of all your apps on your sd card, which will make reinstalling them a breeze, I do it all the time. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Yeah, if you take it into Verizon, they will more than likely give you a brand new phone. I took mine in cause the charging jack got really loose on mine, the tech looked at it and determined it was loose, tried to tell her it was but she didn't take my word for it. At any rate, take your headphones in with you to show them what it is doing.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones