1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Easy Call Forwarding App

Last Updated:

1. Icklesheep

Icklesheep New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

Is anybody aware of an "Easy Call Forwarding" type app that allows you to setup call forwarding with one click or something similar?

I have a PAYG SIM Card in my car which I use for handsfree and travelling a lot, get really frustrated with having to go through the phone menus to set up call forwarding to the PAYG number everytime I get in my car. Some kind of Call Forwarding Profile or toggle app would be really useful....

Any suggestions appreciated!

THanks,

Matt

Advertisement
  2. i_maq

i_maq Active Member

Well I'm using QuickCut which lets me put a shortcut on the home screen that goes directly to the Call Settings, at least it saves a few steps from going into the Settings...

3. JimTheFrog

JimTheFrog New Member

Yes! I really need an app like this. When I'm not travelling I forward my mobile phone to my voice app, and it's a pain to have to enter the number every time. Something that lets you enter a few commonly forwarded-to numbers and turn on forwarding with one tap would be great.

4. andrec54

andrec54 New Member

I have used MMI codes for this, for my operator you dial
    *21*[phone number to forward to]# (without brackets)
    to set the phone to call forward to that number. You then dial
    #21# to disable call forwarding.

I Created a contact called "Call Forwarding" and assigned it these numbers and then used QuickCut to create a Direct Call shortcut for each.

I now have one icon to enable call forwarding and one icon to disable it.
    It works like a charm.

It depends on your operator what MMI numbers you should use but all of them here in Sweden seem to use the same codes at least.

Hope it helps

5. johndw58

johndw58 New Member

I believe there is a free app available in Android Market, called easy call forwarding.

6. gm991

gm991 Well-Known Member

With verizon I set up my Verizon phone (personal Eris) to forward to my work blackberry every morning, All I do is turn on my eris punch in *72 and then shut it off.
    When I'm ready to leave work I just turn on the Eris and punch in *73 and its UN forwarded to my blackberry.
    Once you set up your verizon account to forward to a certain number once, all you have to do is what I do above.

7. ewingr

ewingr Well-Known Member

I'd really like to find something that works like Phone Alarm (for WinMO).

You can ahve it automatically forward your phone based on location. It can depend on cell tower, wifi, or GPS coordinates. Great app! Many other features.

I had hoped tha Locale would do that, but they report that they can't because of built in security in the Android OS:(

8. Bennylaball

Bennylaball New Member

Just a bit of info for the "Easy Call Forwarding" app the writer has discontinued the app, so if you go to update it in the Android market place it leaves the app useless and wont work, my friend has sent me the last image of the software, I have placed a copy of this on my server Index of /android if there is any other software you want me to upload PM me!

9. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

Are Tasker and Locale equvialent? Would Tasker be able to do this even if Locale can't?

10. guywmustang

guywmustang Member

There's an app on the market called "Simple Call Forwarding" that works well. I use it. Only $0.99, so not too big of a deal and it works with all the carriers. Pretty sweet

11. Rokcet Scientist

Rokcet Scientist Banned

Searching for "call forwarding" in the market I found "M-receptionist" (free) that purports to do that. But when you start it up there's no position to input the phone number that you want calls to be forwarded to...

Huh...? :confused: Am I missing something? :confused: