Easy Exchange ActiveSync QuestionsSupport

Last Updated:

1. onyx00

onyx00 New Member This Topic's Starter

If I receive an e-mail notification via Exchange ActiveSync on my phone (Evo), but then I read it on my PC - the notification remains until I clear it on the phone, correct?

It seems my Evo does not reconcile e-mails ready from my PC until I actually open the Exchange mail application on my Evo and then I see it go and synchronize and it updates the e-mail inbox view to show and accurate status of read/unread.

I currently have the Evo set to synchronize as items arrive - could this be the issue?

Advertisement
  2. jeremylobaugh

jeremylobaugh Well-Known Member

I have to be honest, and tell you that I really can't understand your post 100%, but I can tell you that when I open and email in Outlook (2010) or the web client, the read status of that item will update on my handset on the next send/receive cycle(every 15 minutes) even if I have not opened it on the handset. The mail server runs Exchange 2010.

3. Cleetis

Cleetis Member

I know what you are saying. I don't have your problem because i have my auto sync off. Only when I click on my exchange email does it go out and retreive my email. I have no problems with that. When I open an email on either my phone or on outlook, they sync with no problems. If i delete from my phone, it deletes in my outlook and visa versa... Are you using touchdown or anything like that? I don't. I have heard problems with that though...

4. jeremylobaugh

jeremylobaugh Well-Known Member

I use the stock mail app, it does what I need :)